• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
maxpower said:
those are impressive figures and rightly deserve the # 1 spot, sorry afridi maybe next time...
Yes. But these figures are for 12 overs (in a 60 over game). The rate at which Afridi was going, 82 in 9 overs, he would have given a run to Sneddedn if he had 3 more overs :p

Sehwag309

Banned
Unattainableguy said:
I somehow deleted my post. So I'm going to post the same one again.

And how did you pick up that those were the exact words he'd said to Dhoni??
Yup, I could LIP read that too....well People Watching on TV must have had something to say about Afridi's and his close family members too

Gangster

U19 12th Man
Unattainableguy said:

Because there are microphones in the stumps. The players are often very much audible. For example, Rana Naveed-ul-Hasan told Kaif to "go get a rest" after he got him lbw. That is quite possibly the dumbest insult I've ever heard, especially since Kaif had just gotten out there!!! :p

Beleg

International Regular
SJS,

The value of Akhtar lies in the psychological threat he poses to the opposite team and his ability to churn out wicket-taking deliveries at an extra-ordinary rate. Hence, with him you always have the chance of getting that 'one' important breakthrough, and at the death end of an ODI, wiping out the tail before it can do much damage. Which, if it happened today would have saved Pakistan 30 odd runs and a lot of mental headache.

Of course, he is also likely to go for some runs in the process, but when you weight in his pro's, the ability of the other bowlers and the quality of the opposition you will prefer to have a small chance instead of having none.

That said, excellent play by India. Sehwag was the building block, Dhooni did an expert cementing job while the tail exploded in a flurry of fireworks. What more could you ask!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Unattainableguy said:

when you say, Bhain Chaud In Punjabi and the TV has nothing but your face on the entire screen, its not difficult is it ? Try mouthing the words in the heat of the moment , without sound, in the face of a big Punjabi and you will, soon enough, find out what he picked up :p

Sehwag309

Banned
SJS said:
when you say, Bhain Chaud In Punjabi and the TV has nothing but your face on the entire screen, its not difficult is it ? Try mouthing the words in the heat of the moment , without sound, in the face of a big Punjabi and you will, soon enough, find out what he picked up :p

Similar Stuff from Azahar Mahmood and Toffe Kumar in '03 Ind/Pak WC

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Beleg said:
SJS,

The value of Akhtar lies in the psychological threat he poses to the opposite team and his ability to churn out wicket-taking deliveries at an extra-ordinary rate. Hence, with him you always have the chance of getting that 'one' important breakthrough, and at the death end of an ODI, wiping out the tail before it can do much damage. Which, if it happened today would have saved Pakistan 30 odd runs and a lot of mental headache.

Of course, he is also likely to go for some runs in the process, but when you weight in his pro's, the ability of the other bowlers and the quality of the opposition you will prefer to have a small chance instead of having none.

That said, excellent play by India. Sehwag was the building block, Dhooni did an expert cementing job while the tail exploded in a flurry of fireworks. What more could you ask!
Oh yes Beleg. No doubt that a bowler of the class of Shoaib would make a difference to the side.

Who wouldnt want a bowler like Shoaib. I am not for a minute trying to underplay his importance.

My response was basically to the fact that putting the absence of Shoaib as the basic problem of this Pakistani attack is being very simplistic

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Gangster said:
Because there are microphones in the stumps. The players are often very much audible. For example, Rana Naveed-ul-Hasan told Kaif to "go get a rest" after he got him lbw. That is quite possibly the dumbest insult I've ever heard, especially since Kaif had just gotten out there!!! :p
Yes, but with Afridi's incident, you didn't hear anything. And someone from here had to lip-read whatever he was saying, which you can't possibly do unless it's something in slow motion, and there were no replays of that.

Sehwag309

Banned
Unattainableguy said:
Yes, but with Afridi's incident, you didn't hear anything. And someone from here had to lip-read whatever he was saying, which you can't possibly do unless it's something in slow motion, and there were no replays of that.
I can show u the replays and u decide OK

And there goes AFRIDI, clean bowled

Deja moo

International Captain
Could anyone explain how newly laid pitches work ? One of the pitches freshly laid for the last time the Windies visited turned out to be a very sticky one...whereas this one has been flat.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
mofo123 said:
does it matter? kaif sez harsh stuff, klusener was the king of saying harsh stuff...its cricket wot can u say...here we goooooooo
You are right mu friend. People do say such things and worse (not that I think it is right). But I was pointing to misplaced aggression of the vocal chords which can not serve the same purpose as thinking cooly and trying to see what he should have done differently to stem the rot.

Lot of people commented the other day on the "ordinariness" of Sachin's bowling. They need to ask themselves, why he picked up those wickets. Sachin is no Shane Warne or Danish Kaneria but he can think like a top bowler. That compensates quite a bit for his shortcoming in skills. Afridi is skilled in many ways but doesnt come across as someone who thinks a lot about what he should be doing. And if you are going to be raving and ranting at the opponents, you will put yourself in a frame of mind when thinking, will be the last thing you will do.

Thats all I was trying to say.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Unattainableguy said:
Ok I am sorry. I could be mistaken. He was probably saying his prayers. :sleep:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
SJS said:
Ok I am sorry. I could be mistaken. He was probably saying his prayers. :sleep:
:@........Today is the day we have to submit our project reports. It could have been yesterday, it could have been tomorrow, BUT NO, it has GOTTA be the day India plays well.........:@

BTW, good one, SJS

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sehwag309 said:
I can show u the replays and u decide OK

And there goes AFRIDI, clean bowled
Oh sh**.

Then what was all that bicep flexing stuff he did when facing the spectators :-O