• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
SJS said:
Ok I am sorry. I could be mistaken. He was probably saying his prayers. :sleep:
I do agree it was something rubbish, but not as bad as people are making it out be, unless there's a clear proof of that, which I believe there isn't.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sehwag309 said:
When was that I missed it
I think in the 48th or 49th over when Zaheer was hitting those sixes, the camera focussed on Afridi standing on the fence, he rolled up his right arm (half) sleeve, flexed his biceps and pointed at them with his left hand index finger :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Unattainableguy said:
I do agree it was something rubbish, but not as bad as people are making it out be, unless there's a clear proof of that, which I believe there isn't.
IDK if u speak Punjabi, but SJS does and I would like to believe him, as he knows his stuff.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Razzaq going hammer and tongs.

Superb batting.

This is why I rate him so much higher than Afridi. This guy is a great stroke player not a slogger. Hardly any cross batted ugly heaves.

psxpro

Banned
I think these pitches are way too flat. 350 plus scores doesn't neccessarily mean good one day cricket, the best one day matches I've watched are between 230-260 scores as they have something for both bowlers and batsmen rather than just constant hitting.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
psxpro said:
I think these pitches are way too flat. 350 plus scores doesn't neccessarily mean good one day cricket, the best one day matches I've watched are between 230-260 scores as they have something for both bowlers and batsmen rather than just constant hitting.
Teams without attacking batsmen always benefit from Matches of low scores, and playing on pitches that favour these type of games, because that gives them the best chance to win.

But Teams like India and Pakistan which have high quality attacking batsmen, its much more of a contest with high scoring than low scoring games,IMO.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
BTW, what about Pathan for Nehra in the next game? I am not sure how well he bowled but from the figures, it cannot have been anything good.

Beleg

International Regular
He just couldn't figure out how to bowl to Razzaq. Though Butt clubbed him for a couple of four which were just really result of some superb batting skills; they may have skewed his figures a bit.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Salman looking very good here... though I think Pakistan need to realise that they won`t get the target soley by hitting boundaries, they need some excellent running between the wickets. cheap singles and the like.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Difference in Class between Afridi and Razzaq !!

If a team is ever going to chase 350 plus for a win, they need stroke players like Razzaq and not sloggers like Afridi. This is why ?
One cross batted heave versus TEN beautiful cricketing shots !!

1.2 Nehra to Shahid Afridi, OUT: gone! duck! on the stumps, Afridi swings across the line and gets bowled, Nehra strikes early,
Pakistan in trouble

Pakistan 5/1, Partnership of 5
Shahid Afridi b Nehra 0 (2b 0x4 0x6)
Salman Butt 4* (6b 1x4) A Nehra 0.2-0-0-1

was a nothing shot in the end, just swung across hoping for thebest

Abdul Razzaq comes in[/RIGHT]

1.3 Nehra to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, outside the off stump, driven away to the cover excellent timing and placement, off the mark straightaway

1.5 Nehra to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, four more! width outside the off stump, driven away into the gap between the cover fielder, no need to run for that, Razzaq looking good here

3.4 Nehra to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, short of a good length delivery, Razzaq rocks back and pulls it away beautifully to the midwicket fence, picked up the length early and just went through the shot

3.5 Nehra to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, lovely shot! good length delivery on the middle and off, punched down the track to the long-off boundary, sweetly timed

3.6 Nehra to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, make that three in a row! width outside the off stump, angling away, smashed to the cover boundary, just dismissed it from his presence, excellent over for Pakistan, crowd goes mute!

5.2 Nehra to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, another fulltoss outside the off stump, smashed to the third man boundary, no protection in the deep, Razzaq moving along nicely here

5.4 Nehra to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, four more! angling across, played well wide of the gully fielder, nicely opened the face of the bat to get it wide of the fielder, fantastic shot

6.1 Balaji to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, another cracking drive! good length delivery outside the off stump, driven away well wide of the fielder at short cover, excellent placement,

8.5 Balaji to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, fuller, angling in from outside the off stump, Razzaq moves forward and across and punches it down the track to the long-on boundary, mid-on has no chance, excellent shot

12.2 Nehra to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, good length delivery angling across the right-hander, driven away off the back foot to the point boundary, good use of the wrist, Razzaq is playing like a champion at the moment!

Last edited: