• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
Since the first test (last day), Sami seems to have got it into his head that the bouncer is the only ball to bowl at Sehwag.
Sami Nehra and Srinath are three dumbest cricketers I have ever seen.

There are people in the world who are dumb and know it. ....They do minimal damage.

There are those who are dumb and dont know it............They do some damege to themselves.

Then there are those who are dumb and think they are "the cats whiskers"........They devastate npot just themselves but everyone they try to help :sleep:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
mofo123 said:
6 an over till the last 10 then blast away from there thats all pakistan can do...if they have to get 100+off last ten they aint getting it. ah well such is life
That contradicts itself.

6 an over for 40 leaves about 120 from 10.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
SJS said:
Sami Nehra and Srinath are three dumbest cricketers I have ever seen.

There are people in the world who are dumb and know it. ....They do minimal damage.

There are those who are dumb and dont know it............They do some damege to themselves.

Then there are those who are dumb and think they are "the cats whiskers"........They devastate npot just themselves but everyone they try to help :sleep:
Srinath? He seemed quite clever to me...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Sehwag309 said:
DO u guys think, Pak will still open with Afridi

I mean he can saved for Later, its a bit of a gamble in the Begining
There is no doubt in my mind that they won`t. I will be COMPLETELY suprised if they don`t. They need 100 from him I tell you!

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Sehwag309 said:
DO u guys think, Pak will still open with Afridi

I mean he can saved for Later, its a bit of a gamble in the Begining
They need a fast start to their inning like India did to have any chance of winning the match. So Afridi is likely to open IMO.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Unattainableguy said:
Yes, their both pacy, but there is clear difference in their class.
I agree with that. Buyt frankly, so far what has happened, even Akhtar might not have made such a big difference. he gets just 10 overs remember.

I dont see any strategy with this Pakistani team.

I saw no effort from Afridi, for example to bowl negatively like Sachin did the othr day. All he did was say the Punjabi words for sister fu**er in full close up when hit for a boundary by Dhoni(who had just come in). Dhoni hit him for another a couple of deliveries later. for Sehwag to rush to Dhoni and for the two of them to have a big guffaw in the middle as Afridi stood hands on hip. Next over Sehwag hit the first four balls from Afridi to four different parts of the ground. That was the end of Afridi's bad mouthing for the rest of the game. He ended up showing his biceps(in good humour I hope) to the crowd around the 48th over.

I am saying this to show that this Pakistani team neeeds to get some of its stars to think rather than just come out with attitude. Sami and Afridi are two such. Akhtar would have been a third.

Pakistan needs people with these guys skills but the maturity of Yohanna, Inzy, Younis, Hafeez, Asim Kamal and Kaneria.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
Srinath? He seemed quite clever to me...
No. He was not a clever cricketer. Yes he was not dumb outside the game but when bowling he had his brain in some unmentionable part of his body.

It took him all but the last 12-18 months of his career to realise that he was no Larwood and that bowling short at his pace was like offering candy to batsmen. When his attempted bouncers got slaughtered he looked at the batsman as if to say, dont worrry, this time you were lucky but next time I am going to put you in hospital. Mervyn Dillon was another such.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Unattainableguy said:
They need a fast start to their inning like India did to have any chance of winning the match. So Afridi is likely to open IMO.
Inzamam said at the toss itself that Afridi would open.

mofo123

U19 12th Man
SJS said:
Inzamam said at the toss itself that Afridi would open.
in this situation wot abt afridi and inzi or youhana and afridi opening, i knw both inzi and youhana dont usually open but they r by far the most compitant batsmen ahhh i dunno do wot they like

ch00baka

School Boy/Girl Captain
maxpower said:
probably coz afridi did'nt want to be the first bowler to give 100 runs in ODI.
Afridi would have in fact become the 2nd bowler in ODI history to concede 100 runs had the feat been achieved, after MC Snedden, who once bowled a superb spell of 12-1-105-2.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
ch00baka said:
Afridi would have in fact become the 2nd bowler in ODI history to concede 100 runs had the feat been achieved, after MC Snedden, who once bowled a superb spell of 12-1-105-2.
those are impressive figures and rightly deserve the # 1 spot, sorry afridi maybe next time...

mofo123

U19 12th Man
Unattainableguy said:
And how did you pick up that those were the exact words he'd said to Dhoni??
does it matter? kaif sez harsh stuff, klusener was the king of saying harsh stuff...its cricket wot can u say...here we goooooooo

Deja moo

International Captain
Unattainableguy said:
356 will be more than challenging for Pakistan to chase. And I really wouldn't feel sad if Pakistan lose this one.
It hurts only if it happens to be a World Cup Final..:(

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
I somehow deleted my post. So I'm going to post the same one again.
SJS said:
I agree with that. Buyt frankly, so far what has happened, even Akhtar might not have made such a big difference. he gets just 10 overs remember.

I dont see any strategy with this Pakistani team.

I saw no effort from Afridi, for example to bowl negatively like Sachin did the othr day. All he did was say the Punjabi words for sister fu**er in full close up when hit for a boundary by Dhoni(who had just come in).
And how did you pick up that those were the exact words he'd said to Dhoni??

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think its great Captaincy when the 50th over bowler is a part time spinner!