• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think that'll do it for today. An awesome one to watch, but can't help but feel Sri Lanka are now in front. Great fightback from them, only Sehwag's brilliance can save us now.

Really worrying how dependant on him we're becoming.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I think that'll do it for today. An awesome one to watch, but can't help but feel Sri Lanka are now in front. Great fightback from them, only Sehwag's brilliance can save us now.

Really worrying how dependant on him we're becoming.
Truth is India have been dependent on Sehwag for a long time now.
He is the only one that provides any sort of impetus to the innings. The rest of them all go into their shell once he is dismissed.

ret

International Debutant
i m beginning to wonder, if it's bowling thats exceptional or is it the batting that is making the bowling look exceptional .... who knows Kumble and Bhajji would have looked good too bowling at India's line up :p
after this display by Sehwag, it's clear that its the Indian 'collapsing' batting thats making the SL bowling look better than what it is

positives for Ind is that Sehwag and Laxman are still there and if they can put on a big partnership then the SL batting could be put under pressure though I have concerns on how effective someone like Bhajji would be

duffer

Why is playing our second most prolific batsman in his preffered position defying logic?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Why is playing our second most prolific batsman in his preffered position defying logic?
Because he is in poor form, Laxman is in good form, Laxman has a great record at three and we are prone to middle order collapses.

duffer

Laxman was lucky to survive today as well though. Murali almost had him twice and Mendis did him a couple of times too. Don't see how he would have helped at all.

duffer

I fail to see your logic mainly because I've seen nothing from Laxman to suggest he's in good form or that he can handle Mendis well enough to protect the middle order from collapse.

Migara

International Coach
after this display by Sehwag, it's clear that its the Indian 'collapsing' batting thats making the SL bowling look better than what it is
It's a pity that we didn't have Malinga. Sehwag would not have liked 145k stuff going pass the nose regularly than facing 125k crap from Kulasekara, who's not test class at all.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I fail to see your logic mainly because I've seen nothing from Laxman to suggest he's in good form or that he can handle Mendis well enough to protect the middle order from collapse.
Top scoring in the first innings of the first Test, second top scoring in the second means nothing?

duffer

Top scoring in the first innings of the first Test, second top scoring in the second means nothing?
Doing reasonably in two abysmal team performances doesn't equate to being in good form for mine, and I certainly saw nothing to suggest he would've saved the team from a collapse had we sent him in sooner.

ret

International Debutant
on Dravid's current form, it's debatable whether he should be in the 11 .... probably he is in coz Kumble decided to back him over some of the others in the squad like Rohit and not because he is the best one to play at #3 from some of the others in the 11 [thats on his current form]

this test is a good opportunity to see how good Dravid, Ganguly and Bhajji's form is .... if they fail then may be there is a good case for replacing all of them in the final test

though I was happy with Kumble's captaincy when he started, now he is beginning to look a bit monotonous with his strategies and doesn't seem to adapt well and be street smart .... it's more like he is playing players on reputation, ignoring the current form and the need trade horses for courses

ret

International Debutant
It's a pity that we didn't have Malinga. Sehwag would not have liked 145k stuff going pass the nose regularly than facing 125k crap from Kulasekara, who's not test class at all.
i guess SL is lucky to be facing a struggling Indian team and in the process being made to look good .... don't stretch your luck too far :p

and playing Malinga would have been nice as it would have meant that the ball would have traveled more quickly to the boundaries .... Sehwag would probably have got his 100 in the first session then :)

Migara

International Coach
i guess SL is lucky to be facing a struggling Indian team and in the process being made to look good .... don't stretch your luck too far :p

and playing Malinga would have been nice as it would have meant that the ball would have traveled more quickly to the boundaries .... Sehwag would probably have got his 100 in the first session then :)
That's the problem with your selectors who could have done better. But Malinga's case is inevitable. BTW I am having a real laugh at your comment. If Malinga was playing, you would have seen bouncy Galle pitch this. And Sehwag, particularly don't like seeping bounce is there. If you think that Malinga cannpt produce bounce just see that the delivery that he got Pietersen at Galle.

ret

International Debutant
That's the problem with your selectors who could have done better. But Malinga's case is inevitable. BTW I am having a real laugh at your comment. If Malinga was playing, you would have seen bouncy Galle pitch this. And Sehwag, particularly don't like seeping bounce is there. If you think that Malinga cannpt produce bounce just see that the delivery that he got Pietersen at Galle.
he is definitely a very good bowler but i pictured Sehwag hitting a 6 over the 3rd man :p .... I would back Sehwag to get a good score no matter what the opposition and condition :)

i would have preferred a fast and bouncy track too as it would have meant India playing 3 seamers [and dropping Bhajji]. with the seam attack more potent [and with favorable conditions], i would expect India to do more damage to SL than SL to India

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
he is definitely a very good bowler but i pictured Sehwag hitting a 6 over the 3rd man :p .... I would back Sehwag to get a good score no matter what the opposition and condition :)

i would have preferred a fast and bouncy track too as it would have meant India playing 3 seamers [and dropping Bhajji]. with the seam attack more potent [and with favorable conditions], i would expect India to do more damage to SL than SL to India
Can't agree with that TBH, on current batting form surely SRI batsmen have the edge.

Migara

International Coach
In that note I would think Vaas, Malinga and Fernado in form is much dangerous than Sharma, Khan and Singh / Patel / Pathan on form. Especially Fernado. On his day he matches the most menacing of the fast bowlers. But I would agree that apart from Vandort, Sangakkara and Mahela, no other SL batsman are good at handling pace and bounce like Indian batting.