• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This has been one of the most comprehensive drubbings I have ever seen. Wow. Absolutely and utterly destroyed by Sri Lanka. Well done to them.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Damn shame I haven't been able to watch this. I would be really keen to see Mendis bowl in a test match.

Chubb

International Regular
The only thing that annoys me (apart from India's direness obviously) is that wicket that Kulasekhara got in the begining. If one of the spinners had taken it it would have been 20 wickets between the two spinners. I have come across two instances where that's happened in tests before.

One of them should be obvious to any cricket fan. The other one is quite surprising in terms of the country the spinners came from. Anyone care to guess or provide a third instance where it's happened?
Obvious one for me is Lock & Laker. Is the surprising one West Indies?

Dissector

International Debutant
No, not the West Indies. To give a hint it wouldn't be a surprise if you knew the full history of the country but would certainly be given its recent history.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Has Murali average against India dropped below 30? Man even I didn't expect anything like this. Just image what Murali could have if he had this type of support throughout his career. Hopefully a couple other decent bowlers start coming through the ranks so Mendis had more support. As good as the next couple years might be. The key for Mendis will be after Murali and Vaas.

Migara

International Coach
We may be seeing quite a lot more of this sort of performance from Sri Lanka, unless teams work out Mendis... it's a superb combination, because Murali is so accurate and economical as well as penetrating, and Mendis is impossible to relax against although he bowls the odd four-ball because the ball could do anything. It must be so exciting to be a Sri Lankan fan right now.
Let Malinga also join in the fun with toe crushers, then it will be more pleasure to watch.

Chubb

International Regular
Has Murali average against India dropped below 30? Man even I didn't expect anything like this. Just image what Murali could have if he had this type of support throughout his career. Hopefully a couple other decent bowlers start coming through the ranks so Mendis had more support. As good as the next couple years might be. The key for Mendis will be after Murali and Vaas.
yeah Sri Lanka will have to find someone to bowl economically, even if not as dangerous as Murali, to give Mendis leeway to take risks. Is there anyone around at the moment who could do such a job?

Migara

International Coach
yeah Sri Lanka will have to find someone to bowl economically, even if not as dangerous as Murali, to give Mendis leeway to take risks. Is there anyone around at the moment who could do such a job?
Sachithra Senanayake of SSC is an up coming offie. very wristy in the bowling action, and bowlsa mixture of offies and arm balls, and has the attitude of a nasty fast bowler. If he develops well, will be great foil for Mendis. I think Senanayake will overtake Mendis, because Senanayke has no mystery with him, only skill, so there is nothing to be solved.