• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

masterblaster

International Captain
Once again, Boycott has written off India's chances of saving this match. If tailenders can prove him wrong by scoring centuries, there's no reason why a famed batting lineup like this one can't.

Seeing that run-out attempt from Dilshan, we wonder, why can't an Indian do the same?
Nah mate, we're done for unfortuntely. Bring on the next test

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope M&M runs through us like red light in Compton again. Maybe an absolute hammering will be the kick up the backside we need.

Dissector

International Debutant
Another piece of history created and not in a good way. Sehwag was declared not out and on review given out though the replays showed that the ball deflected from one pad to the other and on initial contact wasn't hitting the stumps. However it's not the technology at fault; rather the half-baked implementation of it.

Dissector

International Debutant
Tendulkar out to Murali and it looks all over for India. Another review and this time it did look out but Sachin didn't seem very happy for some reason. Hotspot and Snickometer would have settled it beyond any doubt. The deflection seemed clear to me but the camera can sometimes be misleading when it's zoomed in from very far as happens occasionally in controversial catches.

duffer

Gambhir, why the **** would you throw it away after looking so good? :dry:
Not taking anything away from Lanka but brainless batting has been the hallmark of the past two days for mine. Not one of our bats showed the ticker needed to negotiate top quality spin, which for an Indian side is really disappointing.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I would have loved to see this match though my favourite team is losing...Would have loved to see 2 top quality spinners outperforming some great players of spin bowling on a batting surface...Though Richard and SS will probably say it's all because of poor shot selection, I don't care...Fact remains fact...Would love to see a gritty comeback from Indian batsmen in the 2nd test...Though we r not gonna win if bowling and fielding doesn't improve drastically...

Overall this is gonna be a series of top spinners against top players of spin bowling...Both sides have both...

Chubb

International Regular
We may be seeing quite a lot more of this sort of performance from Sri Lanka, unless teams work out Mendis... it's a superb combination, because Murali is so accurate and economical as well as penetrating, and Mendis is impossible to relax against although he bowls the odd four-ball because the ball could do anything. It must be so exciting to be a Sri Lankan fan right now.

Dissector

International Debutant
This has been one of the greatest exhibitions of spin bowling in the history of the game. The only shame is the small number of spectators to watch it.

Dissector

International Debutant
The only thing that annoys me (apart from India's direness obviously) is that wicket that Kulasekhara got in the begining. If one of the spinners had taken it it would have been 20 wickets between the two spinners. I have come across two instances where that's happened in tests before.

One of them should be obvious to any cricket fan. The other one is quite surprising in terms of the country the spinners came from. Anyone care to guess or provide a third instance where it's happened?

duffer

Amazing stuff from Lanka. Ugh, my phone's been going off for a couple of hours now. Won't be easy to come back form this and save face.