• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Know absolutely nothing about Thushara. Is he one the Indians should be worried about you guys think?
He hasn't found his feet yet at International level and looked no where near the player he is capable of being. Capable of out bowling Vaas tbh, but likely to look like a poor mans Pedro Collins. Wouldn't worry about him in his current form. Though it is a good sign the selectors are keeping faith with him, even though his bowling crap.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Bolded ones will be selected for the 1st test IMO.

I also entertain the fact that Prasad should have been given a go. The pace he produced in the practice game was a rare sight in Sri Lanka.
Dilshan a bit hard done by, if Silva jumps ahead of on the back of the tour match. Considering Dilshan wasn't given a chance to play.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope Murali does well, given that I prefer Sri Lanka to India (largely because of fanatical fans and the BCCI). But I don't think he will, because he's been very mediocre for a while now. Eagerly anticipating not having my expectations met.

JBH001

International Regular
I concur with the above. I dont think he has really been at his best since the tour of England in 2006. And has been in steady decline since the tests against Australia, and especially the home series against England. But, as I said, I hope he has one good series left in him (and that he calls it quits soon after).

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
I hope Murali does well, given that I prefer Sri Lanka to India (largely because of fanatical fans and the BCCI). But I don't think he will, because he's been very mediocre for a while now. Eagerly anticipating not having my expectations met.
lol.that's alright.I hope you convert some of the other 1 billion fans -that's too many fans if you ask me.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From Cricinfo commentary:

Aussie Ahmed is not too impressed: "Have you seen the weather forecast for the five days. It does not seem promising. Wont be surprised if more than 100 overs are bowled in the 5 days. July is peak monsoon season in SL. My prediction is we wont get a full days game in any of the 5 days. In fact from Friday the rain is expected to get heavier. I am sure nobody is complaining because the monsoon has been playing hide and seek. Its an extended break for the Indians. Enjoy it."

Ugh, was looking forward to this. At least the highlights on Fox tommorow might actually be a full days play ;)

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Sri Lanka wins the toss and chooses to bat. Teams are:

Sri Lanka 1 Michael Vandort, 2 Malinda Warnapura, 3 Kumar Sangakkara, 4 Mahela Jayawardene (capt), 5 Thilan Samaraweera, 6 Tillakaratne Dilshan, 7 Prasanna Jayawardene (wk), 8 Chaminda Vaas, 9 Nuwan Kulasekera, 10 Muttiah Muralitharan, 11 Ajantha Mendis.

India 1 Gautam Gambhir, 2 Virender Sehwag, 3 Rahul Dravid, 4 Sachin Tendulkar, 5 Sourav Ganguly, 6 VVS Laxman, 7 Dinesh Karthik (wk), 8 Anil Kumble, 9 Harbhajan Singh, 10 Zaheer Khan, 11 Ishant Sharma.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Going by Waqar’s pitch report we should expect this wicket to be turning square in no time. Was a big toss to win.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Zaheer is really over doing the short ball to Mally, he should just stick to peppering the good line and fullish length. Ishant has been impressive, but I really think that he'll truly come into his own against right handers.

duffer

What's the pitch like for this? Assuming it'd be overcast and helpful to the seamers as well. Par score anyone?

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Zaheer is really over doing the short ball to Mally, he should just stick to peppering the good line and fullish length. Ishant has been impressive, but I really think that he'll truly come into his own against right handers.
How are you watching this? :mellow:

masterblaster

International Captain
Decent start by India, especially getting Sangakkara cheaply. As has been said, Ishant has bowled impressively.

Duffer, search around I'm sure you'll find that you'll be able to watch the game.

duffer

Decent start by India, especially getting Sangakkara cheaply. As has been said, Ishant has bowled impressively.

Duffer, search around I'm sure you'll find that you'll be able to watch the game.
Yeah, I know where to look, just at a mate's house now and his internet isn't up to guff for that kind of stuff.