• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
they're saying in the studio here that the forecast is only showers, so hopefull this stuff blows away and they can get some play in

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Hopefully, for the Indians, there will be enough rain to have the match called off. Their selection for this match is laughable.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Arjun said:
Hopefully, for the Indians, there will be enough rain to have the match called off. Their selection for this match is laughable.

? I'd rather play and lose than not play at all.

adharcric

International Coach
Arjun said:
Where the hell did you get that from? They haven't even had the toss yet, how would you know the team that's been selected? Don't go by Cricinfo, they often BS. 8-)

Even then, I agree with SS. As a player, I would want to play the match. As a fan, I want them to play because I woke up early on a Sunday morning. :-O

Nishant

International 12th Man
Disaster! I've really had enough of rain ruining cricket matches. Why can't they have reserve days...especially as they know that cricket depends a lot on the weather!

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Nishant said:
Disaster! I've really had enough of rain ruining cricket matches. Why can't they have reserve days...especially as they know that cricket depends a lot on the weather!
Even then, it was such a good day to watch some cricket, a great sunday afternoon...But stupid rain had to interfere (once again).

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Salamuddin said:
Apparently this chappie is the big hope of South African fast bowling...

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/southafrica/content/player/46538.html

Donald has been talking him up bigtime........
"We've got to keep our eye on Morne Morkel," Donald said. Morkel is the 22-year-old brother of Albie, and just 10 matches into his first-class career. "He's six-foot-four, he gets serious bounce, and he's got really great pace - genuine pace. He's still very young and he's finding his way. He didn't play much last season because of injury, but he was outstanding at the fast bowlers' camp we had a couple of months ago, and he has a great attitude to go with his physical strengths. I don't think the Indian batsmen would enjoy facing him. "

Sounds good… Seen him Goughy or anyone else for that matter?

Full Article- http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/southafrica/content/story/268719.html

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Salamuddin said:
Apparently this chappie is the big hope of South African fast bowling...

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/southafrica/content/player/46538.html

Donald has been talking him up bigtime........
Ive watched him bowl on a number of occasions.

He is a big lad that consitently bowls in the low 140s (approx 86-90 mph). Ive not seen him hit 150 kph yet.
He has promise but Im not overly excited by him.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Goughy said:

He is a big lad that consitently bowls in the low 140s (approx 86-90 mph). Ive not seen him hit 150 kph yet.
Does he still bowl more no-balls than an excited Curtly Ambrose?

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Goughy said:

So you Saffie blokes actual;y got any good talent around...particulary in the seam department ?

I saw your team at the youth world cup earlier this year and they looked pretty poor......

South Africans always talk big, but when it comes to deliver they always fall flat on their faces....

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd hardly say that Shaun Pollock, Makhaya Ntini and Dale Steyn are untalented mate. Then they have some back up bowlers like Andre Nel, Charl Langeveldt, Andrew Hall, Monde Zondeki, Garnett Kruger who have all played international cricket.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Salamuddin said:
So you Saffie blokes actual;y got any good talent around...particulary in the seam department ?

I saw your team at the youth world cup earlier this year and they looked pretty poor......

South Africans always talk big, but when it comes to deliver they always fall flat on their faces....
A few points

a) Dont get me started again why SA rep teams are so poor

b) Im a Saffie :laugh:

c) SA versus Pak. Tests, SA Won 5, Lost 2. ODIs SA Won 29, Lost 13

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Goughy said:
A few points

a) Dont get me started again why SA rep teams are so poor

b) Im a Saffie :laugh:

c) SA versus Pak. Tests, SA Won 5, Lost 2. ODIs SA Won 29, Lost 13
And SA was the #2 team at times in the 90's. If they had a world class spinner, they could really have challenged Australia. SA's test record is definately not poor when compared to most subcontinent teams.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
silentstriker said:
And SA was the #2 team at times in the 90's. If they had a world class spinner, they could really have challenged Australia. SA's test record is definately not poor when compared to most subcontinent teams.

South Africa always flopped when it came to the crunch....they lost 3-1 to Australia in 1996-1997 and 1997-1998 over six tests home and away. Australia clearly proved their superiority.

But yeah their team was failry good in the 1990's certainly far better than it is now......I think the Saffies are hugely overrated these days....c'mon they lost 3-zip at home to an Australian team without McGrath..

It's a pity Pakistan won't have Akhatr and Asif, beacuse with those 2 I reckon w'd have a real chance of beating the Saffies on their home turf early next year.