• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
Seriously SS, stop acting like you know everything about every team, every player and every situation in cricket. They just landed here two days ago. Has it ever occured to you that there is a reason you get a warm-up match to get accustomed to conditions and don't just start playing the real matches straight away? Has it ever occured to you that there is the slightest possibility that Dale Steyn might have produced a fine spell? Has it ever occured to you that the Saffies got their last 50 runs from just 25 balls against two guys (Munaf and Sreesanth) who have rarely ever bowled at the death before in their career?

Yeah, they had a poor outing. It's a warm-up match though. Two words for you man: CALM DOWN.

Yes yes, its all occurred to me, thanks. I was commenting on their bad performance, which is appropriate. My final judgement will be passed at the end of the ODI series. I did not say they lost already - merely that I don't see how anyone outside of Dravid will be able to do anything.

Now, if I am wrong, that would be great. I would love for Sehwag's, Yuvraj's and the rest to score centuries and we win the test series on back of great pace bowling performances and I will eat my words, and be happy doing it.

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
Yes yes, its all occurred to me, thanks. I was commenting on their bad performance, which is appropriate. My final judgement will be passed at the end of the ODI series. I did not say they lost already - merely that I don't see how anyone outside of Dravid will be able to do anything.

Now, if I am wrong, that would be great. I would love for Sehwag's, Yuvraj's and the rest to score centuries and we win the test series on back of great pace bowling performances and I will eat my words, and be happy doing it.
Hmm, rare occasion on which I don't feel like slapping you after reading your post. :cool:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
Hmm, rare occasion on which I don't feel like slapping you after reading your post. :cool:
Dhoni and Sehwag should be publically sacrificed to Glenn McGrath and the pace Gods.

And Munaf Patel and Sreesanth are untalented crap bowlers with no promise and no future.

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
Dhoni and Sehwag should be publically sacrificed to Glenn McGrath and the pace Gods.

And Munaf Patel and Sreesanth are untalented crap bowlers with no promise and no future.
Now that's the SS I know! :D

shortpitched713

International Captain
adharcric said:
Seriously SS, stop acting like you know everything about every team, every player and every situation in cricket. They just landed here two days ago. Has it ever occured to you that there is a reason you get a warm-up match to get accustomed to conditions and don't just start playing the real matches straight away? Has it ever occured to you that there is the slightest possibility that Dale Steyn might have produced a fine spell? Has it ever occured to you that the Saffies got their last 50 runs from just 25 balls against two guys (Munaf and Sreesanth) who have rarely ever bowled at the death before in their career?

Yeah, they had a poor outing. It's a warm-up match though. Two words for you man: CALM DOWN.
Tbh I don't see why you're so personally affronted by SS's opinions about the Indian cricket team. You know he's a pessimist and that India performed pretty badly, so what else did you expect from him other than a somewhat justified criticism of Team India?

adharcric

International Coach
shortpitched713 said:
Tbh I don't see why you're so personally affronted by SS's opinions about the Indian cricket team. You know he's a pessimist and that India performed pretty badly, so what else did you expect from him other than a somewhat justified criticism of Team India?
Yeah, India did perform pretty badly. There's more to it though.

a) You haven't experienced SS for as long as some of us have and don't seem to be irritated by his consistent pessimism when it comes to the Indian team.
b) I can understand exploding after a one-day defeat with terrible shot-selection. This is a different story.
It was a warm-up match, the Indians just arrived here and none of us actually watched how the Indian wickets fell.

I realized and accepted the fact that he's pessimistic long ago, but he has a habit of saying the same things again and again (rather annoying) and often displaying blind pessimism. I try to genuinely respect the guy because he's a solid poster otherwise, but it's tough when he persists with this crap.

Last edited:

shortpitched713

International Captain
adharcric said:

a) You haven't experienced SS for as long as some of us have and don't seem to be irritated by his consistent pessimism when it comes to the Indian team.
b) I can understand exploding after a one-day defeat with terrible shot-selection. This is a different story.
It was a warm-up match, the Indians just arrived here and none of us actually watched how the Indian wickets fell.

I realized and accepted the fact that he's pessimistic long ago, but he has a habit of saying the same things again and again (rather annoying) and often displaying blind pessimism. I try to genuinely respect the guy because he's a solid poster otherwise, but it's tough when he persists with this crap.
Fair enough.

Nishant

International 12th Man
adharcric said:

You're right about how india's defeat can't be judged too much. After all, it was only a warm up match! I'm sure india will get better...but only if they stop thinking that they can win easily. I remember that thiswas the case in the WI, and we all saw the results.

As for SS, i'm sure that he loves india as much as we all do...only that he likes to take out his frustration in the form of critisicm, whereas we, on the other hand, look to be more optimistic.

adharcric

International Coach
Nishant said:
As for SS, i'm sure that he loves india as much as we all do...only that he likes to take out his frustration in the form of critisicm, whereas we, on the other hand, look to be more optimistic.
Look, we all criticize the Indian team when they perform poorly. SS goes overboard and arely ever praises their progress; that's fine because he has a different approach (pessimism). I don't have a problem with that. I do have a problem with him talking trash about the Indian team when they don't deserve it. I also have a problem with him repeating the same useless criticisms instead of providing a useful contribution.

Sure he may love the Indian team, but I can't quite grasp why he derives so much pleasure out of bashing them for fun.

Last edited:

Nishant

International 12th Man
adharcric said:
Sure he may love the Indian team, but I can't quite grasp why he derives so much pleasure out of bashing them for fun.

i guess u have a point there! i don't really understand it either....maybe its to take out all of his frustration! But i think only SS, himself, can answer that question!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
Look, we all criticize the Indian team when they perform poorly. SS goes overboard and arely ever praises their progress; that's fine because he has a different approach (pessimism). I don't have a problem with that.
Maybe its because they rarely progress. In the west Indies, they lost the ODI series 4-1, and then drew the first three tests, two of whom they should have won. And then Dravid played two of his best innings in the fourth test and I was extremely happy with their performance. But I criticized them 3/4 of those matches...but thats because they didn't play well enough in 3/4 of those matches......

adharcric said:
:-O There's no pleasure in it, mate.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You didn't just criticise them in that series, you said they were gone and had no hope in that last test, and started your whinging.

If you actually watch a game, see something wrong, and criticise that thing, no one cares if you post that. But when you just bitch blindly, its stupid and irritating.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
You didn't just criticise them in that series, you said they were gone and had no hope in that last test, and started your whinging.

If you actually watch a game, see something wrong, and criticise that thing, no one cares if you post that. But when you just bitch blindly, its stupid and irritating.
I think we should just let it be, cuz afterall it is a part of CW (SS' whinging and bitching of the Indian team).

I use to get furious at first, but after a while I kinda started accepting the fact that SS thinks very pessimistically about the Indian team.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Everyone has their own opinion at the end of the day...but constructive critisism is always necessary....i hate it when people make assumptions based on maybe just one performance or minimal evidence! With that said, i think SS is sometimes guilty of that, but we must not forget, that he too has passion for cricket and india...he just has a funny way of showing it.....a REALLY funny way! 8-)

jot1

State Vice-Captain
The match starts at 14.00 here which is about the same time in India, I think. Though if there'll be much of a match is another matter. It's been raining on and off for the passed few days and today doesn't look that much better.
Anyway, I'll be off to watch the cricket in about two hours time. That's 'cos I'm an optimist. :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Bleh, considering how hard its raining, I don't think there's much of a chance. Sucks because the weekend is pretty much the best time to watch cricket for me :(.

Hopefully the test series is played without much interruption.