• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa

cricketboy29

International Regular
Especially Tendulkar, you'd expect one of the best batsman in the world, to do better than getting in the first 2 overs.

And Sehwag *sigh**shakes head*

vhl71

Cricket Spectator
has anyone contacted dish customerservice? sometimes their website is not the latest..
i can't as i'm stuck in canada on a business trip ..anyone??
how are you guys going to watch this ?? direcTV?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
vhl71 said:
has anyone contacted dish customerservice? sometimes their website is not the latest..
i can't as i'm stuck in canada on a business trip ..anyone??
how are you guys going to watch this ?? direcTV?
I'll be on DirecTV.

vhl71

Cricket Spectator
can anyone pls call dish network at 1-800-333 dish?
and find out about the telecast?? as i said i cant call from canada...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
vhl71 said:
can anyone pls call dish network at 1-800-333 dish?
and find out about the telecast?? as i said i cant call from canada...
They don't have the rights dude. Calling them won't mean they will acquire the rights all of a sudden.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Surprised to see India in this sort of position, Willowmoore Park is notoriously one of the slowest wickets in South Africa. Indians should be at home, not a lot of pace and not a lot bounce unless it has changed remarkably (Anyone?).

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
TT Boy said:
Surprised to see India in this sort of position, Willowmoore Park is notoriously one of the slowest wickets in South Africa. Indians should be at home, not a lot of pace and not a lot bounce unless it has changed remarkably (Anyone?).
Dunno, I am only following on cricinfo.

Anyway, it looks like they are just trying to play out the overs to get some batting practice. Seems like a wise idea. Pathan playing well, bowling and batting.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
Dravid and Pathan are playing well, at least.
Yea, Pathan is batting well. Dravid is his usual solid self. Seriously, he is strongly, and quickly, climbing the list of all time batsmen with these performances.

The west indies Test #4 was the pinnacle of his career in terms of pure minded will.

Puts his hand up when no one wants to.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
TT Boy said:
Could win this still, South Africa were in a similar position.
8 an over is a lot. They are increasing the pace, but not fast enough. Anyway, I think the batting pratice will do Pathan a world of good. Win or lose, as long as Pathan is there not out at the end, I think it will be a great confidence builder for him.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ugh Pathan's out.

Here come the old guard. Dravid and Kumble. As usual, the ageing heroes must save face while the dumbass young kids act like dumbass young kids.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
cricketboy29 said:
Is anyone actually watching this? If they are, some info on the bounce, and pitch, etc would be appreciated.
Im watching it, it seems ok. Not too much going on. My man Tshabalala is doing ok and Steyn is bowling quickly but not crazy fast (140s kph touching 150).

I hope Rich reads this thread and acknowledges Morkels contribution after bashing him at every opportunity.

End of the day these games mean nothing. Losing this really should not make anyone worry. England lost against SA A in a FC warmup and then easily beat SA in the Tests.

These games are practice and no Indian supporter should pay them much attention. All it is is preparation. A 'posh' net if you will.