• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

Bahseph

International Debutant
Yeah how is it that Kohli never gets any demerit points? My Indian family hardly speaks Hindi but I know what he is saying.

Bahseph

International Debutant
It will be interesting in Australia. I think the fans will give him a much harder time for sure compared to the locals here.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dear god has this not ended yet!.... and 3 T20's to go, sigh! I hate these neverending tours of LO pointlessness. Bring on the next test series.....

Shri

Mr. Glass
Well you are all idiots. How could a 5 game series still be alive after three games when one side won all 3?

StephenZA

Markram braces for another trial in captaincy run - ESPNcricinfo

I had to check this wasn't a Moonda article.....

Five months later, we have already reached a stage where the decision-makers in South Africa are wondering if they handed over the national captaincy to him too early.
Nobody of any intelligence is saying this in SA.

People need to start recognizing, particularly in the LO formats, SA are playing around and trying to improve depth; Markram was picked to be captain for the experience nobody is making judgments on him He will someday be a very good SA captain and he is a very talented batsmen; The fact he is being thrown into the deep end at 22 is an indictment of the current failure of the SA FC structures, not him. I wish that we had some decent articles, because I keep on seeing the dredging of the barrel trying to create controversy were none exists.

Starfighter

What? It's not like they've appointed him permanent test captain or something. Amla and AbdV have had their goes in the various formats and the idea of giving it to Duminy or Miller is plain daft.

robbypark

U19 Debutant
lol Kohli with just one minor change to the side. He really wants to stick it to the Proteas. Hope he takes a ball to the dome.

robbypark

U19 Debutant
South Africa fielding an awful side here, taking Miller and Duminy both out of the lineup - looks like they are mailing it in. They literally only have 5 batsmen now, unless you consider Behardien a good batsmen.(I don't)

ABD has to go ham or South Africa will be bowled out for 220.

StephenZA

Is it sad that dropping Duminy and Miller, to be replaced by Behardien and Zonda makes no difference to the way I feel about the SA batting. So very glad that Rabada is getting a rest...

Heboric

International Debutant
South Africa fielding an awful side here, taking Miller and Duminy both out of the lineup - looks like they are mailing it in. They literally only have 5 batsmen now, unless you consider Behardien a good batsmen.(I don't)

Have you seen Duminy bat recently ...

StephenZA

Behardien has been consistently better than Duminy.... so SA have been playing 5 batsmen anyway with Duminy in the team.

robbypark

U19 Debutant
If I was South Africa, I would have taken out a bowler and played Miller as well. After Ngidi all their bowlers equally suck regardless and a part timer isn't going to do much worse. Their main problem is that they have an incredibly thin and top heavy batting order, especially with QDK and FDP out.