• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

robbypark

U19 Debutant
Have you seen Duminy bat recently ...
I don't disagree but Duminy still has the ability to throw up a half century on any given day while Behardien hasn't seen any of India's spinners so he'll be like a fish out of water up there.

There's literally no reason to take Miller out as well.

robbypark

U19 Debutant
But anyway, this team lives and dies with ABD at this point. It was his fault South Africa lost the last odi - if De Villiers does what he's supposed to do, South Africa wins the last game. He needs to step up today and put up 60 minimum and quit getting out on ****ing idiotic decisions like he has this entire series.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Miller has not shown any better ability to pick the Indian spinners...

Yes we know, this is a weak, experimental SA side that is being used purely to blood and give players opportunities.... we hope for a decent performance but not expecting one.

robbypark

U19 Debutant
Man, was that ever pathetic by Amla. I hate when Hashim does that **** - plays conservative tap, tappy as if he's going to stay up there for a while and set up a platform and then he gets out with a pathetic mental error putting his team in a huge hole off the bat.

South Africa might not reach 200.

Last edited:

robbypark

U19 Debutant
Wow, another idiotic way for De Villiers to get wicketed. Dude is just playing like crap right now. And this after Zondo did so well to help stabilize...

Dendarii

International Debutant
I think it's safe to say the Markram experiment has failed.
It wasn't an experiment, but rather a case of succession planning. There's a good chance that Du Plessis won't carry on playing much after the World Cup, so it made sense to give the captaincy to the person most likely to take over. Just because he had a poor series doesn't mean it was a bad decision for him to take the reins.

robbypark

U19 Debutant
Honestly South Africa would do better from now on to just go out there and pretend it's a t20 game from the very beginning. I guarantee they put up a higher score than when they are in an "ODI" mindset.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Zondo's 54 is the third highest score for SA in this series. They've been beyond awful.

StephenZA

I am afraid this is just the beginning and worst is yet to come for South Africans when aussies arrive.
This is the LO team not the Test team..... we knew it was weak. Why is everybody behaving like they expected SA to win this series. We have been worse than expected but never expected to win.

StephenZA

Zonda has been decent despite not many people wanting him in the team.
Zonda is frustrating, appears to have lots of talent but gets out in frustrating ways. Deserved a shot with his recent performances from the last few seasons.

robbypark

U19 Debutant
This is the LO team not the Test team..... we knew it was weak. Why is everybody behaving like they expected SA to win this series. We have been worse than expected but never expected to win.
You at least expect them to put somewhat of a showing but to get dominated to this extent is beyond pathetic. Half of the batsmen look like they've never swung a bat before.