• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aside from actual merit, I don't think this Indian side has a problem in the "actually caring about winning overseas" department.

Motorwada

Banned
Then India should forfeit their no. 1 test ranking and give it to SA who actually care about winning overseas.
Caring about and winning are two very different things though. India still has the best away record of all teams in the last 4 years.

sunilz

International Regular
Caring about and winning are two very different things though. India still has the best away record of all teams in the last 4 years.
My point is a no. 1 ranked team can't be satisfied when it lost a test series 2-1. India will lose their no. 1 ranking if they don't at least draw their next series in England

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What happened? Sounds like there maybe some history there - Shamsi was part of RCB last year, and Kohli didn't take him this time if I am not wrong.
Probably Kohli just being a combative dickhead as usual. Wish he'd cut out some of this crap and try being a gracious winner, but he's most likely not going to change.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Then India should forfeit their no. 1 test ranking and give it to SA who actually care about winning overseas.
And look where that gets them...in India. I have the utmost respect for SA as a cricketing nation, but on current form I wouldn't hesitate on hedging my bets in favor of India, regardless of conditions. Tell me, would SA be more assured of a win in spinning conditions than India in pace-y?

sunilz

International Regular
And look where that gets them...in India. I have the utmost respect for SA as a cricketing nation, but on current form I wouldn't hesitate on hedging my bets in favor of India, regardless of conditions. Tell me, would SA be more assured of a win in spinning conditions than India in pace-y?
SA have more chance of winning in SL and PAK than IND have in ENGLAND and NZ. Have ignored IND(for SA) and AUSTRALIA (for IND) as it is very difficult to win there.
SA problem is their home record.

StephenZA

Congrats to India for the ODI series win.

Not to unhappy regarding this series, would have liked to see a better showing from some but ultimately SA have this habit of playing well between WC's and then failing in the WC's itself..... maybe a bit of hardship and not going in with to high an expecctation would help SA.

Motorwada

Banned
SA have more chance of winning in SL and PAK than IND have in ENGLAND and NZ. Have ignored IND(for SA) and AUSTRALIA (for IND) as it is very difficult to win there.
SL post Sanga-Jaya and Pak post Mis-You are not equivalent to Eng/NZ though. There's a reason they are ranked so low.

SeamUp

International Coach
Congrats to India for the ODI series win.

Not to unhappy regarding this series, would have liked to see a better showing from some but ultimately SA have this habit of playing well between WC's and then failing in the WC's itself..... maybe a bit of hardship and not going in with to high an expecctation would help SA.
Very low expectations. :D

Our batsman struggle taking risks against spin and to be fair it is harder than taking risks against quick bowling in limited overs cricket these days.

At the end of the day it was a good series for us to blood Markram, Klaasen, Ngidi.

Others growing experience as 20-50 ODIs only as we don't seem to play as much in this format as India for example.

sunilz

International Regular
SL post Sanga-Jaya and Pak post Mis-You are not equivalent to Eng/NZ though. There's a reason they are ranked so low.
I understand this point. However it would be embarrassing as an Indian fan if we don't win in at least NZ. no point of being ranked no. 1 if u can't win in any of the 4 pace friendly country.

StephenZA

Very low expectations. :D

Our batsman struggle taking risks against spin and to be fair it is harder than taking risks against quick bowling in limited overs cricket these days.

At the end of the day it was a good series for us to blood Markram, Klaasen, Ngidi.

Others growing experience as 20-50 ODIs only as we don't seem to play as much in this format as India for example.
I actually had little expectations for this LO series, knew they were blooding new players. Am not convinced by Morris and some of the chosen allrounders at all, and with 'injuries' to Faf and deVillers, and QDK in such terrible form, never expected anything but a hiding.

Klaasens has shown something and its nice to see a real backup for QDK. Klaasens to become the new Pothas? Shamsi continuing to do well, and I like Ngidi for the end overs. Still think we need to blood Mulder sooner rather than later else we are going to continue having allrounder problems for the next few years.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When do India go to NZ?

Yeah, it would be disappointing if we didn't at least draw in NZ given that Bangladesh also gave them a bit of a scare on their last trip. SA definitely have a good chance in SL and UAE.

I am hoping India do better than they did in the 2014 touring cycle (which also began promisingly), based on what I saw of the Test series. Drawing in England would be nice, but it'll be very difficult over a 5-match series. Lot depends on Bhuvi and whether one or two more pacers can step up there, since I don't expect Bumrah to do as well in England.

In Australia, if we can win the D/N match in a low-scoring shootout, I'll be content. Don't see us having much of a chance there.

Gnske

Probably Kohli just being a combative dickhead as usual. Wish he'd cut out some of this crap and try being a gracious winner, but he's most likely not going to change.
Why would you want him to? If he was born in a western country his first name would be Chad. As TJB would say, that's so alpha-male.

StephenZA

Why would you want him to? If he was born in a western country his first name would be Chad. As TJB would say, that's so alpha-male.
Would still make him a dickhead... and I would also prefer that we had less dickheads in the world.