• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
tooextracool said:
this tail wagging business might just be a bad omen for pakistan....im not watching the match right now but it certainly appears as though this pitch is getting better to bat on.
Maybe, but as it looks now, India may have to bat out ten overs against Akhtar and Sami at the end of the day. That's tough against any two bowlers, let alone ones who bowl at 95-100 mph.

And I don't feel too bad for Sami. Judging from his purple highlights, he doesn't seem to have much need for what the protector's protecting anyway. :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Arjun said:
They have Ganguly to thank for this. Trust him to have the bowlers let the opposition off yet again.
Whilst I don't think he has rotated his bowlers perfectly, he has only 3 decent seamers to call on - and someone's bound to get over-used. He's only used himself and Kumble for 7 overs to date - difficult to see what else he could have done.

Personally, I think that the bowling in the last hour has been absolute, abject rubbish from all the Indian bowlers.

Tailenders = full and straight.

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
I think Balaji has to be brought back from the other end. He deserves the chance to get his maiden 5-wicket haul. And plus Nehra's bowled many overs in a row, so he's gotta go off.

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
224, should've been 150 but it's better than 350. It's imperative India see out these overs. This is where Chopra would've been useful...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Well after all the fuss about the opening slot, Patel comes in instead of Ganguly or Yuvraj, and the established opener gets out first ball. Funny game.

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
I hope they're not burning themselves out. They're scoring a bit too briskly for my taste. Pace yourselves guys!

NikhilN

International Regular
cricket_spider said:
Guys,

Pakistan will win this. No doubt !!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pakistan are already in HUGE trouble right now....Just because Sehwag got out first ball doesnt mean Pakistan win...There is are 8 more players come to bat now still.And even if India get out around the same total there is still two more innings to go from both teams...

NikhilN

International Regular
Adamc said:
Well after all the fuss about the opening slot, Patel comes in instead of Ganguly or Yuvraj, and the established opener gets out first ball. Funny game.
I started laughing my self when Sehwag got out first ball.But Pakistan was lucky cause that catch was dropped 3 or 4 times before it was caught

shankar

International Debutant
Arjun said:
They have Ganguly to thank for this. Trust him to have the bowlers let the opposition off yet again.
I agree.He's also to blame for the ozone hole,terrorism and global warming.8-)

How about blaming the bowlers who couldn't land a ball on the stumps.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree.He's also to blame for the ozone hole,terrorism and global warming.

How about blaming the bowlers who couldn't land a ball on the stumps.
Name one instance where he has been captain and the bowlers have had a convincing performance. All point to the spin-dominated home victories, where the in-form bowlers were still bowling. Here, the only bowler who was getting wickets was kept out of action, while the others, who landed the ball elsewhere still stayed. It's like what Sidhu said- if it ain't broke, break it!

And what's the point sending in Parthiv to open? Why not Balaji or Pathan? Why not Nehra? At least Nehra can hit the ball a long way. This has to be the most negative step they have taken. It has failed in the past, so how will it work now?

tooextracool

International Coach
this is a ludicrous move on the part of ganguly....wasnt it all over the press yesterday that ganguly was prepared to open the batting?so what happened....stage fright?to send a 19 yr old player to face the music first up,let alone the fact that hes been keeping all day was absolutely stupid.for me this could be career threatening(aka ramprakash). and is this the solution to indias perennial opening problems??i dont see how in the world hes going to stand behind the stumps for 2 days and then come in and open the batting. i dont care if parthiv scores a 50 tom...for me it just sends a negative message to the opposition that the senior batsmen(ganguly,sachin and laxman) are scared to come up front and face the music.

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
Hmm, I think its 65-35 to India atm, who knows maybe we'll make the ball talk tommorow morning, early breakthroughs will be essential, otherwise Pak is out of the game, and the series.

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:
What about "Is Sami the new Imran"?

*lol* hardly however I am willing to call him an allrounder if he carries on with a few more scores like that. No bad thing given what gets called an allrounder these days.

rgrds

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
Tony Blade said:
Hmm, I think its 65-35 to India atm, who knows maybe we'll make the ball talk tommorow morning, early breakthroughs will be essential, otherwise Pak is out of the game, and the series.

Less of the negative attitude young man ;). We will not need the ball to talk, we need the ball to scream!!! I am positive, the wicket is a decent one yet supports hard working bowlers liek balaji. If Shoaib and Sami needed a big stage ..well there is not much that comes bigger than this. I am backing them to get India out for 200 or less if they can pick up 2/3 quick wickets in the first 10 overs. Basically Dravid & Sachin. .