• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Vroomfondel said:
so how's the umpiring?
Two men in white coats officiate on the pitch - one stands behind the stumps at the bowler's end and the other around 30 yards away from the batsman, square on the leg side. They make impartial judgments based on what they see.

Oh, I see. Well, there was one which I thought was incorrect by Shep but the batsman perished next ball. In fairness, the ball is swinging MILES.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Lions81 said:
Let's not make crazy comments. :D
Let me rephrase that.

They make impartial judgments based on what they think they see, unless Tendulkar is involved in which case it is always out or always not out, based upon which side of the fence you are sitting.

Better? :D

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
luckyeddie said:
Let me rephrase that.

They make impartial judgments based on what they think they see, unless Tendulkar is involved in which case it is always out or always not out, based upon which side of the fence you are sitting.

Better? :D
I don't think Shakespeare could have said it any better. :p

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Balaji gets his fourth (just after I was saying he was inaccurate, shows what I know).

Someone to start "Is Balaji the new Waqar?" thread in 5....4....3....

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
luckyeddie said:
Balaji gets his fourth (just after I was saying he was inaccurate, shows what I know).

Someone to start "Is Balaji the new Waqar?" thread in 5....4....3....
Anyone who claims that Balaji is the new Waqar is insane. That is the most ridiculous and asinine thing ever. I sincerely hope no one would ever do something like that.

Especially since he is the new Imran Khan. Did you see that six he hit off of Akhtar?

:cool:

Deja moo

International Captain
Anyone who claims that Balaji is the new Waqar is insane. That is the most ridiculous and asinine thing ever. I sincerely hope no one would ever do something like that.
Nonsense!!

Balaji is the new John Travolta..( saturday night fever ).

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
Lions81 said:
Well I have now, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I agree that this isn't really what the Indians need to be concerned with. In my opinion, Akhtar seems to chuck because he has a hyperflexible arm. It's visible if you go to the Australian website on Cricinfo, then look under Audio/Video for a cricket show which focuses on Shoaib Akhtar. It shows him talking about his action and then demonstrating how his arm can bend the other way. It's really amazing how it does that. So I think it's an optical illusion like with Muralitharan. And another argument I will make is that he's so damn exciting for the game. Sure, I hate him when he's playing India on the field, but when he's against anybody else, I always root for him to take a wicket on every ball with that inswinging 95 mph yorker. I really hope the ICC ignore India on this one.
are you rick james beeatchh ? :D just kidding man...
can you provide the link for the demonstration, I always wanted to see it but never found it. thanks..

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
This tail-wagging business is quite annoying.

This really is some amazing bowling. What is going on, they seem to have lost their minds after bowling well early on.

Last edited:

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
It's amazing to me how bowlers bowl to tailenders. Bowl a yorker. Stop bowling outside of the off stump and trying to entice an edge. These batsmen bat at the end for a simple reason: they suck. Stop respecting them and make them play at every ball and have to protect their stumps.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Lions81 said:
It's amazing to me how bowlers bowl to tailenders. Bowl a yorker. Stop bowling outside of the off stump and trying to entice an edge. These batsmen bat at the end for a simple reason: they suck. Stop respecting them and make them play at every ball and have to protect their stumps.
Hehe well said. It amazes me how some bowlers try to bounce tailenders out - one or two is ok, but in the end all you have to do is put one on the stumps.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
As Dean Jones said, where's Balaji? The in-form bowler is out of action!

They won't get any wickets with defensive fields set to Kumble's bowling. They have to attack when he's on. He's an attacking bowler.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
OUCH!!!!!!!

Poor Sami - hit in the box. OK, we've all had that - but to have the protector actually shatter? If he was American, it would be lawsuit time.

Him and Admiral Akbar ("It's a trap" - if you know your Star Wars) have done brilliantly to drag Pakistan up by their bootstraps.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
luckyeddie said:
OUCH!!!!!!!

Poor Sami - hit in the box. OK, we've all had that - but to have the protector actually shatter? If he was American, it would be lawsuit time.

Him and Admiral Akbar ("It's a trap" - if you know your Star Wars) have done brilliantly to drag Pakistan up by their bootstraps.
They have Ganguly to thank for this. Trust him to have the bowlers let the opposition off yet again.

tooextracool

International Coach
this tail wagging business might just be a bad omen for pakistan....im not watching the match right now but it certainly appears as though this pitch is getting better to bat on.