• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

wahindiawah

Banned
Swervy said:
mmmm...well I admire your optimism....BUT..

Pakistan are 68 runs ahead with 7 wickets to go at the end of day 2...I think India are looking at being at least 200 down on the first innings (I think Pakistan would actually be looking for a 300 run lead here)....

what does it look like ...looking down the barrel of a gun whilst wearing rose tinted spectacles:D
Nothing wrong in being optimistic, besides Pak have a history of batting collapse.

And i'm not suggesting that India will come back and win this test match, just that India do have a chance of restricting Pak and going out for a draw.

Sehwag309

Banned
maxpower said:
dude just post the link not the whole article if you can...
About the article and umpiring, I would say you have to play through good and bad umpiring period.

Only part in article which is not right is
"Bucknor had rolled his fingers over the ball when Dravid arrived in to bat, in an obvious reference to an incident from the previous game when the Indian vice-captain was fined 50 per cent of his match fees for getting a little of a boiled sweet on the ball in contravention of the rules."

If bucknor did actually do that, then its not very professional and he probably is on a little power trip...
Is it?, People don't want to see full articles. I used to chat in other cricket forum, there were always full articles.

Can the Staff confirm here, I wont post full articles in the future, I do it so I could pin-point points which can be discussed

CaptainSaurav

Cricket Spectator
Sehwag309 said:
"Taufel had admitted earlier during the series about the noise levels in Pakistan stadiums. He told the Sydney Morning Herald, "That makes umpiring bloody difficult, especially when it comes to caught-behinds and communicating with other officials. It's nothing you could ever train for. It's very hard when you have one of your senses, hearing, taken away from you"

Then he should just officiate match played in Aus.

Interestingly the stadium was more or less empty, imagine a packed stadium in India or Pak, what would have Taufel done then?

NikhilN

International Regular
Sehwag309 said:
"Taufel had admitted earlier during the series about the noise levels in Pakistan stadiums. He told the Sydney Morning Herald, "That makes umpiring bloody difficult, especially when it comes to caught-behinds and communicating with other officials. It's nothing you could ever train for. It's very hard when you have one of your senses, hearing, taken away from you"

And this is what happened with youhana. Dean Jones, Rameez Raja said "Simon, man you missed it, it was clear nick".

If he wasn't sure how did he give Tendulkar LBW, and even Inzi in out in the 1st test.

I think the Umpires have gotten money...There is hardly anyone at the stadium...so there is hardly any noise.. so how could you not here the damn ball edge the bat...???

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
Originally posted by Sehwag309

He said that during the one day series.I remeber reading that during the one day series.

Last edited:

CaptainSaurav

Cricket Spectator
Some people in my neighbourhood told me that Pakistan had asked the ICC to have Bucknor officiating as umpire in this series, i wonder if its true or not? Buccknor has a history of giving poor decisions, mostly against India.If Pakistan win the test match, Bucknor should be declared "man of the match":!(

Sehwag309

Banned
imranrabb said:
What are the indians crying about.Does anyone remeber when inzy got out in the one day to tendulkar to a lbw.That was missing by a mile and none of the pakistanis complain.the were many decisions that were not given to pakistan in the one day and test series and when it happens to india they complain and blame the umpires.That little midget parthiv and the rest of the indians were appealing for no reasons sometimes.when balaji bowled to inzy it flew past the outside edge and parthiv was jumping in the air like it was out.At least he got reported for that and he also done that in the Australian series.
Relax Man, control yourself. You are just creating fire with words as "midget', Indians can also say a lot about the Pak'i looks.

Indians are complaing and not crying, it's not our problem pakistan did not complain about Inzi LBW.

So lets discuss in peace, cheers

Last edited:

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
Sehwag309 said:
Relax Man, control yourself. You are just creating fire with words as "midget', Indians can also say a lot about the **** looks.

Indians are complaing and not crying, it's not our problem pakistan did not complain about Inzi LBW.

i apoligize for that but i think that parthiv should be fined

Sehwag309

Banned
imranrabb said:
i apoligize for that but i think that parthiv should be fined
Thats AOK, infact I feel monetary fines don't do much, if they really want to make parthiv shut up, they should give some kinda serious warning

I see Dravid responsible for the situation in which India are in today, how can he win the toss and opt to bat on a green top wicket? Granted Pak bowling is poor but still on a green top wkt a pacer that maintain a decent line and length and can swing a bit can cause all sort of problems for the batsmen.

India should have asked Pakistan to bat first, had they done that and had played with awesome Nehra, Pakistan would have struggled to score even 200 runs.

And this Indian keeper , Patel, has a biger mouth than actual talent.He has been fined twice in his career, imagine if he gets banned, that would be a blow to India.

All and all a stupid decision by Dravid gave Pak the advantage, Pak can't be held responsible for poor umpiring, though it left Indians totally disgusted.

India can still draw the match, someone in Sachin,Dravid or Laxman will have to play a big innings 200+ and others too will have to contribute.The match is still not lost

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
I wish I could be as optimistic as some of my fellow Indian fans, but realistically, this match is out of our hands. Third innings pitches really never are easy to bat on (aside from the amazingly odd SL-Aus series which was just completed) and Pakistan look well set to put up 500-600. At that point, we would have to bat out two full days just to draw it, with no real hope of a win, as asking our bowlers to bowl Pakistan out again would be too much. (Of course, I assume there that we will eventually bowl Pakistan out once, and not that they will simply declare at a high score, which seems more likely anyway.) I'm very disappointed with the play of our team, our batsmen played poorly and our bowlers have done their best to match them. I disagree with those who say Pathan bowled really well yesterday. He didn't. Maybe he beat the bat once or twice, but in 90 overs of cricket, you will beat the bat numerous times. The important number is 2 wickets all day, and 0 by Pathan and Kumble. Atrocious bowling. Yes, maybe Simon Taufel made a mistake in not giving Youhana out caught behind or Steve Bucknor refused to give a decision our way, but really, this mess is of our own making. Our bowlers have not stuck to a line and length necessary for this pitch, and this after our batsmen put up a rather low score. The next three days will be interesting. We'll see what India is made of.

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
vandemataram said:
I see Dravid responsible for the situation in which India are in today, how can he win the toss and opt to bat on a green top wicket? Granted Pak bowling is poor but still on a green top wkt a pacer that maintain a decent line and length and can swing a bit can cause all sort of problems for the batsmen.

India should have asked Pakistan to bat first
Agreed about the toss. Perhaps Dravid's involved in some match-fixing himself? :D

CaptainSaurav said:
Some people in my neighbourhood told me that Pakistan had asked the ICC to have Bucknor officiating as umpire in this series, i wonder if its true or not? Buccknor has a history of giving poor decisions, mostly against India.If Pakistan win the test match, Bucknor should be declared "man of the match":!(

You can't just ask for a particular umpire, it sees that someone was talking crap really.

Sehwag309

Banned
vandemataram said:
You can't just ask for a particular umpire, it sees that someone was talking crap really.
Actually, I, before joining this forum discussed the same thing on a different forum. Not that Pakistan wanted Bucknor, but he will be officiating 2nd Test and there will be problems and they are.

One of them even mentioned that kumble should forget about getting LBW whilst the Slow poison is umpiring

Sehwag309

Banned
imranrabb said:
Originally posted by Sehwag309

He said that during the one day series.I remeber reading that during the one day series.
Thats the Irony, the stadium was empty.

And yes! Why are Stadiums empty, have people lost interest in Ind/Pak Test matches.

When Pak tour Ind, even Calcutta was full..though what happened later is a diferent story

I long to see both play in Toronto, I live right across the Toronto Cricket Stadium and this time I will take Baked potatoes for ALL players

Sehwag309 said:
Thats the Irony, the stadium was empty.

And yes! Why are Stadiums empty, have people lost interest in Ind/Pak Test matches.

When Pak tour Ind, even Calcutta was full..though what happened later is a diferent story

I long to see both play in Toronto, I live right across the Toronto Cricket Stadium and this time I will take Baked potatoes for ALL players

In pakistan stadium are almost always empty for test matches.That is the reason why Pak cricket board wanted to have the test match played before the ODI, as onedayers are always going to attract crowd, but with Test its not the same case.Though if Test match happen to be the first game of the series, one can expect some people turning up to see the match.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Sehwag309 said:
Relax Man, control yourself. You are just creating fire with words as "midget', Indians can also say a lot about the Pak'i looks.

Oh such a mighty insult to a team, "You are ugly!" or "You are short" no one cares about looks in cricket, just take a look at Robert Key :(

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
Armadillo said:
Oh such a mighty insult to a team, "You are ugly!" or "You are short" no one cares about looks in cricket, just take a look at Robert Key :(
Armadillo all i gotta say is arsenal are out of the fa cup and champions league

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
maxpower said:
I would atleast give my bowlers 100 overs to get IND out. But for sure result it IND loss or a draw.
Seeing as it's only Day 2 just played and Pakistan are 50 ahead with 7 wickets left I think that they could bat all day and still have enough time to dismiss India.

500 is the minimum score they must be looking at - 550 or 600 and it may be time to declare.

Of course the time batting allows Gul to recover from this injury.

The other thing is I remember reading that the pitch will be best for batting on days 2 and 3, so another reason to spend 90 overs scoring 300 or so.