• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sehwag309 said:
Is it?, People don't want to see full articles. I used to chat in other cricket forum, there were always full articles.

Can the Staff confirm here, I wont post full articles in the future, I do it so I could pin-point points which can be discussed
Yes.

Please, please - and this is directed towards everyone

Articles from other sites must be linked, not just copied in. It is only common courtesy to the author of the article to give him credit for his work - and what better way of giving him credit than to let people see his work in its original form and in its entirety.

And by 'him' I natuarally mean 'him or her'

<quack> ahem

Yes, or 'duck'

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
CaptainSaurav said:
Some people in my neighbourhood told me that Pakistan had asked the ICC to have Bucknor officiating as umpire in this series, i wonder if its true or not? Buccknor has a history of giving poor decisions, mostly against India.If Pakistan win the test match, Bucknor should be declared "man of the match":!(
Nonsense. The implication of bias is disgraceful.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sehwag309 said:
200 in 35 overs!!, @ R.R 5.71 (It's not one-day)

Not likely, Inzi & Co, would play for a draw
I think they'd go for it actually - the Indian attack isn't that crash hot and 1-0 down in the series makes it worth a go.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sehwag309 said:
The Indian camp is apparently upset about the numerous appeals that were turned down by the two umpires.
I missed the equivalent report last week when the numerous appeals were given out despite not being so - can you reproduce it for us please?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
koch_cha said:
i can clearly remember laxman scoring 281 and dravid scoring 180 aganist a poor australian side
So poor that it went into that game with a world record for consecutive Test victories (15, and only one against one of the minnows)

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
marc71178 said:
So poor that it went into that game with a world record for consecutive Test victories (15, and only one against one of the minnows)
Haha, Marc, Koch_cha wrote that in response to a remark that India can't ever come back from first innings deficits, and was completely sarcastic! Sorry, Lucky Eddie, I had to call him on it before you could! :P

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
CaptainSaurav said:
Buccknor has a history of giving poor decisions, mostly against India.If Pakistan win the test match, Bucknor should be declared "man of the match":!(
Utter rubbish.

The one-eyed man only sees one view.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
vandemataram said:
India should have asked Pakistan to bat first, had they done that and had played with awesome Nehra, Pakistan would have struggled to score even 200 runs.
I've seen Nehra described as a few things in the past, but awesome is not one of them!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sehwag309 said:
One of them even mentioned that kumble should forget about getting LBW whilst the Slow poison is umpiring
Or could that to be more to do with pitching the ball outside Leg Stump?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Lions81 said:
Haha, Marc, Koch_cha wrote that in response to a remark that India can't ever come back from first innings deficits, and was completely sarcastic! Sorry, Lucky Eddie, I had to call him on it before you could! :P
No problem from me.

I do get upset with people who are rude, but sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and therefore perfect.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Lions81 said:
Haha, Marc, Koch_cha wrote that in response to a remark that India can't ever come back from first innings deficits, and was completely sarcastic!
Having seen the past posts by him, I wouldn't be so sure that it was sarcasm.

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
marc71178 said:
Having seen the past posts by him, I wouldn't be so sure that it was sarcasm.
Well if it wasn't sarcasm, then he makes arguments that undermine his point? His point was that India can come back from innings deficits, as they have in the past as evidenced by that second Ind-Aus test. If "poor Australian side" wasn't sarcastic, then it detracts from his arguments. Maybe you're saying he doesn't know how to argue, but I've read his posts as well, and I think he understands how to make his point without difficulty.

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Also, on an entirely unrelated note, I want to join the Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society! I'll work on my suck-up comment.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Lions81 said:
Well if it wasn't sarcasm, then he makes arguments that undermine his point? His point was that India can come back from innings deficits, as they have in the past as evidenced by that second Ind-Aus test. If "poor Australian side" wasn't sarcastic, then it detracts from his arguments. Maybe you're saying he doesn't know how to argue, but I've read his posts as well, and I think he understands how to make his point without difficulty.
My guess is that he just fancies starting a flame war.

Silly people do that sort of thing - and he is yet to prove to me that he is not silly.

marc71178 said:
The difference being that he can take wickets.

Oh i see, how very clever.So probably the Pakistani batsmen were getting out by being bold by ghosts (as Indian pacers doesn't take wickets)

BTW, Umar is in the team because the highly rated cricket web's very own "shabbir Ahmed" isn't in the team (the bowler was said to have made it to the Indian team anyday had he been an Indian by a pundit)