• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea, they aren't scoring. I think 600 is a good target, but not worth it if its going to take them 12-13 overs to get that.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Am pleased for Martin and O'Brien that they're picking up a few wickets - think NZ's bowlers have come in for a little more criticism than they've deserved this series. Martin and O'Brien have had to bowl a heap of overs and have actually done pretty well. Yes we lack a real spearhead, but we've still manage to bowl India out cheaply twice (1st inns this match and last) which is quite incredible when you think about it.

In hindsight do really feel for Patel not being picked, with Southee bowling such tripe.

In batting, Flynn and Guptill have been particularly disappointing. Flynn is there to soak up a whole lot of the new ball after one of our incompetent openers gets out. In the vital first innings of the 1st and 3rd match he's barely faced any. We've subsequently collapsed. Picking him to get a 'nuggety' 50 in the second innings here, but it won't count for much unless it's from 350 balls.

Seriously cannot see NZ saving this test match without major rain intervention. It's been yonks since we've batted out a day or two to draw a match. Am pleased to see Moles in the media talking about learning to save a match. Usually they'd trot out some rubbish about backing themselves to still win, when in reality there's not a snowflakes chance in hell of that happening.

Oh yeah, and well done India!

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
With the weather I reckon this is gonna be a draw lads. Even if it doesn't rain the light's going to be a big issue. Realistically I think India will have 3 1/2, 4 sessions max to bowl NZ out.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I can't believe they said that on the air.

Crowe: "I believe you told me once doully: batting is for pussies."

Sky apologizing for the language. :laugh:

Can't disagree with the sentiment though :D.

Flem274*

123/5
India clearly deserve to win this series. They weren't as challenged as they might have been (though oddly at the best pitch for their batsmen, Napier, they were challenged the most), but these are no Indian spintops.

What Southee needs is A tours to places like Australia and India, where he can bowl on pitches that don't like fast medium pacemen. The flatter pitches in domestic cricket atm should seperate the men from the boys too, Bradley Scott is one guy who has disappeared this season on the tougher pitches, though he may have simply struggled to get a game ahead of the Southee, Boult, Arnel contingent (Yovich got picked ahead of the poor bugger though, yuck).

If the ICL folds, well we might not get Bond but we should manage Tuffey, which would be awesome. Bowled so well in India 2003.

JBH001

International Regular
I have enjoyed the Sky Commentary this summer series. Usually frank and often entertaining.

Dont like Doull, and think Crowe is alright, but I do like Smith and Richardson. Shastri has been a good addition too.

Flem274*

123/5
I can't believe they said that on the air.

Crowe: "I believe you told me once doully: batting is for pussies."

Sky apologizing for the language. :laugh:

Can't disagree with the sentiment though :D.
Haha yeah, often I hate a lot of what Doull says, but when he's talking about seam bowling he's soooo good. Definitely one of the few comms. who sees a flat pitch and grumbles (unless its an ODI).

JBH001

International Regular
Not watching the game today (for a change). At uni working on my CV and marking some test answer scripts. Hoping we put up a fight and draw this test.

Flem274*

123/5
I have enjoyed the Sky Commentary this summer series. Usually frank and often entertaining.

Dont like Doull, and think Crowe is alright, but I do like Smith and Richardson. Shastri has been a good addition too.
I hate Crowe tbh. For such a good captain, I thought he'd have a very calm type of commentary but no, if NZ **** up he has a cry.

Bring in Fleming! (again)

ret

International Debutant
point less cricket going on atm .... almost 600 runs on board, when are they going to declare