• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Australia Thread

V Reddy

International Debutant
What a series it was and it was fitting that it was Waugh's last series. I wanted Waugh to make century but oh well atleast he played a major role in Aus drawing the test.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
deeps said:
man of the match and man of the series should have gone to anil kumble imho.... it's not very often some1 takes 12 wickets in a test match....

not sure bout stats.....but i think without kumble,india would've strugggled to get aus out...and i think in this series that was more important than runs
Certainly Kumble did well but the fact that he wasn't involved in the first test would have counted against him. As for stats:

- In the three matches Kumble played (2nd, 3rd, 4th tests) a total of 4562 runs were scored and 92 wickets taken, an average of 49.59 runs per wicket.

- Kumble took 24 wickets at the cost of 710 runs, avg. of 29.58. Normally those figures would be merely 'good', but in the context of the series they are remarkable.

Eclipse

International Debutant
mustang said:
next stop: VB series.

Australia must win that, after all all the four tests they've bin playing ODI games:lol:

I think Australia must concentrate on breaking the world record 398 (highest ODI score) and Punter must go for (194 highest individual score) against Zimbabwe or India.
Ponting could easly break that 194 IMO. Just looking at his WC final inning's and his last ODI ton against India he was really smashing everything near the end and another 10 overs in both game's and he could have got there.

biased indian

International Coach
age_master said:

1 real complaint though, man of the series - Dravid???

Dravid - 490 runs @ 122 - SR 48

Ponting 634 @ 126 - SR 60

Take out there performance in the match their countries lost and then dravids figures will look good.may be they should have given it to kumble for 24 wicket in 3 matches in a series dominated by batsmen for most of the sessions

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The fact that so many players could be justified in being named player of the series (Dravid, Ponting, Kumble and Laxman) exemplifies what a good series it really was. I still think Dravid deserved it but it could of gone either way.

Kumble put up a fight no doubt about that, but the determination and mindset Tendulkar put into his 241 alone deserves a man of the match award. The pressure he was under and criticism he was getting from many was extremely high and as always he gets past it with class.

V Reddy

International Debutant
I thought the comment by Sachin that he is quite young compared to Waugh was quite funny too :lol: . Good to see the players of both the nations have good relations8D

anzac

International Debutant
congradulations to all for a memorable series in more ways than one...or two or three.......

not the least being a competitive drawn series with one win a piece (with the Aussies coming back from 0-1 down!!!)....

great batting performances from several players including Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Ponting, Katich.......

great bowling from Kumble..........

and not forgetting the last hurrah of one S Waugh........

Several Indian players came of age on this tour - sure they were already stars but they finally put to bed any questions about their ability on Aussie pitches etc - Dravid, Laxman, Kumble.....

The Aussies showed a great fighting spirit when faced with their biggest challenge for several seasons - a situation where they were missing their frontline bowling attack & go 0-1 down in the series, yet come back to be in a position to almost win the series....

:)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I was quite amused by that muppet Shane Warne in the commentary box. With the asking-rate at around 12-14 an over, he was still rattling on about 'going for the win'.

The sooner he gets back to playing the better for me - I won't have to listen to him.

CDAK

U19 Debutant
It's been a good series for the Indian fans and good cricket lovers.
It was also a worth discussion on this forum so far. I enjoyed it. Probably this might be my last post in this thread and I'm leaving as the topscorer :D.

Bye Lucky Eddie, Niel, Craig, Marc,rik,mavrc,masterblaster,james,imdavid,Mrmxyzptlk,Krkode,Amit,rajat, jagaways,koch-cha,vishnureddy,sachin,jono,mustang,slowlove,... and all other friends..

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
CDAK said:
It's been a good series for the Indian fans and good cricket lovers.
It was also a worth discussion on this forum so far. I enjoyed it. Probably this might be my last post in this thread and I'm leaving as the topscorer :D.

Bye Lucky Eddie, Niel, Craig, Marc,rik,mavrc,masterblaster,james,imdavid,Mrmxyzptlk,Krkode,Amit,rajat, jagaways,koch-cha,vishnureddy,sachin,jono,mustang,slowlove,... and all other friends..
Don't leave the forum, mind....

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jono said:
That's probably the weirdest stumping I've ever witnessed. Oh well it's fitting that Gilly and Katich are the last there, they're the ones that prevented an Indian win in my opinion.
I think I remember him getting out a similar way in Inida on Australia's last tour. I think Mongia dropped the ball onto the stumps off Harbajan in the 2nd or 3rd test.

Congratulations to India, they have done what not many other international teams have done, kept Gilchrist from getting even a half century in a series. Since Gilchrist's 100 against India in the first test in 2001 he hasn't got to 50 in 6 tests.

krkode

State Captain
Well, that's done, then.

Wish it wasn't a draw, but kudos to Waugh for making his last innings a valuable one.

I'm just surprised Dravid got the Man of the Series over Ponting...but then again, I'm not that surprised...I can see why they'd choose him...:P

Salamuddin

International Debutant
the Indians bowled very well to Gilchrist I thought. THey didn't give him any width and more often than not he self destructed.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
jamesryfler said:
the Indians bowled very well to Gilchrist I thought. THey didn't give him any width and more often than not he self destructed.
haha he was only in there for a few balls and he slipped, hardly self destructing, could have happened to anyone

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
age_master said:
haha he was only in there for a few balls and he slipped, hardly self destructing, could have happened to anyone
I think Jamesryfler was referring to the series as a whole

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
^ Agreed but I think what he's trying to say is that rough trott had something to do with the way the Indians bowled to him. They didn't give him much width and it paid off.