• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought he was more of a chance to play at this stage than otherwise, unless something new has come up?
Nope, he is probably going to be playing, just that he himself has said that he's not back to his full fitness and has to 'play through the pain'

smash84

The Tiger King
Haha wow. The two Australians that I think are half decent batsman in this team score big hundreds.

Not a great start to the tour for India.

The world rankings are bloody crazy at the moment. I honestly think that they would be something like

Eng
SA
Pak (Misbah has made a consistent Pak team. WTF)
Aus
Ind
And WI, SL and NZ are all reasonably close but further behind than that 5th team.
interesting rankings. I like them :)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Haha wow. The two Australians that I think are half decent batsman in this team score big hundreds.

Not a great start to the tour for India.

The world rankings are bloody crazy at the moment. I honestly think that they would be something like

Eng
SA
Pak (Misbah has made a consistent Pak team. WTF)
Aus
Ind
And WI, SL and NZ are all reasonably close but further behind than that 5th team.
Haha that looks funny. Thank God ICC rankings aren't finalised according to your whims and fancies!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha some epic overreactions by some. Happens every test tour for most test series involving every team though so its to be expected.

The main thing to be concerned about is Ishant's fitness. Their explanation does make sense, but you can never trust the Indian camp with this ****. Not because they lie, though they do, mainly because they just actually never know the injuries lol.

Ojha's economy rate also is disappointing and something to be concerned about. But let's pass judgement after another tour game.

Otherwise, many of these guys landed at 3am the previous morning ffs.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm not rating India 5th because of this match btw. I'm rating them there because of how their bowling has looked in the last year or so. If Zaheer played consistently for them I'd probably have them 3rd. But he doesn't.

1-5 are all quite close though. England to SA would be the biggest difference between any two teams in my eyes.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
In other news. Peter Siddle is now the highest ranked Aussie in either the Test bowling or batting rankings. :cool:

Spark

Global Moderator
Of course. I was just thinking of ways that we can possibly have a superior bowling AT&T k to you guys :p

Wow auto correct ftw
I assume this is the autocorrected bit, because I've read this five times and I still have no idea what this is meant to mean.

And I just finished typing that sentence when I realised you were trying to say "attack", lol

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't know how people can make any definite claims about where Aus/India are placed two weeks before a four match series between the two teams.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know how people can make any definite claims about where Aus/India are placed two weeks before a four match series between the two teams.
Just like how people make definite claims about where West Indies/Bangladesh are placed even without looking at any series between the two teams, for example?

Spark

Global Moderator
Just like how people make definite claims about where West Indies/Bangladesh are placed even without looking at any series between the two teams, for example?
I think it's fine in general, but right before a Test series between the two teams in question? I think you should be a bit more reserved.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I think it's fine in general, but right before a Test series between the two teams in question? I think you should be a bit more reserved.
When I say A should be ranked higher than B, that is based on past performances and not on future performances. Future performances (be it 2 weeks or 2 minutes) will reflect in future rankings, right?

Using statistics jargon, it's the difference between a lead indicator and a lag indicator. Stock price might be (though not always) a lead indicator (for Company's future results, profits etc), but ICC ranking system is a lag indicator - the job of rankings is not to predict but to measure.

Last edited:

ganeshran

International Debutant
BCCI hasnt learned anything from the tour of England. They just went by the word of Ishant who suddenly claimed he no longer needed surgery - Its time independent fitness experts certify a players fitness before clearing their selection on important tours.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha some epic overreactions by some. Happens every test tour for most test series involving every team though so its to be expected.

The main thing to be concerned about is Ishant's fitness. Their explanation does make sense, but you can never trust the Indian camp with this ****. Not because they lie, though they do, mainly because they just actually never know the injuries lol.

Ojha's economy rate also is disappointing and something to be concerned about. But let's pass judgement after another tour game.

Otherwise, many of these guys landed at 3am the previous morning ffs.
The Ishant situation is a joke. They knew after the England tour that he needed surgery - why on earth he wasn't booked straight in is beyond me.

I admire Ishant wanting to play through injury - particularly with Zaheer crocked and Sreesanth being a liability - I think the fact that Ishant is prepared to stand up and be the spearhead for his country despite his injury is to be applauded, but the Indian management should have told him straight away that as much as they appreciated his desire, it wasn't happening. It is rank bad management, and it's gambling with a young player's career.

Spark

Global Moderator
The Ishant situation is a joke. They knew after the England tour that he needed surgery - why on earth he wasn't booked straight in is beyond me.

I admire Ishant wanting to play through injury - particularly with Zaheer crocked and Sreesanth being a liability - I think the fact that Ishant is prepared to stand up and be the spearhead for his country despite his injury is to be applauded, but the Indian management should have told him straight away that as much as they appreciated his desire, it wasn't happening. It is rank bad management, and it's gambling with a young player's career.
Agreed times a hundred.