• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Spark

Global Moderator
Clarke hates bowling himself. Strange for someone who was famed for giving Ponting earache early on in his career because he was forever asking for a bowl. Back injury a constant spectre, I guess.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Lyon happens to get injured, would you risk calling up Krejza, be safe and use Hauritz or just play the extra pacer and rely on Clarke for the spin?
Oh mate, it took us give years to find a spinner we could get six decent tests out of. Don't wish him injured on us!

Don't even know if Crayfish had been playing. Hauritz is just back, do if I had to choose I'd take him.

Daemon

Oh mate, it took us give years to find a spinner we could get six decent tests out of. Don't wish him injured on us!
He does look the goods though. Called his success after watching a couple of videos of him bowling in a T20 :cool:

Burgey

Of course. I was just thinking of ways that we can possibly have a superior bowling AT&T k to you guys :p

Wow auto correct ftw
Our bowling is still way up in the air in terms of consistency though, if Harris is injured. Depending how Zaheer holds up, we'd be arguably ahead but untried. Your batting is a lot better than ours though, so it evens out.

Burgey

He does look the goods though. Called his success after watching a couple of videos of him bowling in a T20 :cool:
Yeah I thought the same I admit, and he's done well so far. This will be a different test for him though.

flibbertyjibber

So is the Dutchman going to be a test candidate in the near future after that?

Bad news for India if Ishant is knackered but it always looked a gamble to wait for the op. Some teams never learn from their mistakes.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Neither side is able to really cover for that though, if it happens in a match. If Watson was fit to bowl we might have a shot at it, but even so he's not often a bowler of huge overs.
'in a match' is unthinkable, and unrecoverable for us for sure (refer: recent England tour)

I was thinking about 'before a match' as well (for us)...

TumTum

Banned
I don't think there is much chance of Adelaide or MCG being green, although Sydney was green 2 years ago.

Shame the Gabba and Hobart wasn't saved for the Indians.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I am not sure Gabba and Hobart would have been bad for us. Actually, may have even been better against Australia.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha wow. The two Australians that I think are half decent batsman in this team score big hundreds.

Not a great start to the tour for India.

The world rankings are bloody crazy at the moment. I honestly think that they would be something like

Eng
SA
Pak (Misbah has made a consistent Pak team. WTF)
Aus
Ind
And WI, SL and NZ are all reasonably close but further behind than that 5th team.

Daemon

Just read about a 6 year old who just made his debut in the Giles Shield (U-14). Should bring him along to Aus imo.
Woah, kid picked up 6-11. Is a left arm spinner too, might be a good replacement for Ojha :p