• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC2002 Editing Developments

xixsoside

Cricket Spectator
Neil Pickup said:
We've found some stuff that we think might affect it in "crickman.dll".

However, we've no idea what does what.

So if you want to change things and see what happens - go ahead - that's the way we created Magpie!
Hmm, I got on this thing for a few minutes last night, but I doubt this file contains all the fixtures. The fxt files might have something in them.

I was able to figure out that the Fixtures started with the 2000 WC. They had that WC in file. The 2001 season and then the 2002. I tried altering the 2002 but was not that successful as it did nothing.

Any ideas on what I can use to play around with the DLL or FXT files. Last night I used a DLL reading program to read its content and to change it.

mikefenna

Cricket Spectator
Bowling

Firstly - thanks to Neil and all of the other guys who've worked on it for Magpie as it's fantastic to be able to update the DB in ICC.

But.... has anyone figure out bowling yet? There are bad bowlers in the game who have top 'bowling skill' and full stock rating, and good ones who have bowling skill somewhere in the middle...

I've tried updating the England team and have been pretty successful, but I can't get Harmison to be any good - I see him as a 'strike' bowler with very high bowling skill, but I end up with a bowling average in the 40s for test matches.

Is everyone else experiencing the same sorts of things?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Yup...it's not an exact science. Somewhere along the way we've messed up what makes a very good bowler from a quite good bowler, I think.

DJellett

International Debutant
Is there any way we can have either create
a) Completley new players
OR
b) Delete exisiting player's stats

Because it's really annoying when I have a new player who's never played but already has stats....:(

Anything Neil?

NikhilN

International Regular
Guys here is a tip...never set more then 1 person on full...I set P Nixon, G Jones, D Fulton, E Smith on full bat and I put my self as full bat and bowl...what happens is after 4 seasons they all want more then $200,000s a year!

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Vande Mataram said:
Guys here is a tip...never set more then 1 person on full...I set P Nixon, G Jones, D Fulton, E Smith on full bat and I put my self as full bat and bowl...what happens is after 4 seasons they all want more then $200,000s a year!
Did you really need 2 brilliant keepers?

DaveyHall777

School Boy/Girl Captain
hallmitchell said:
Hi Nik.

I did everything step by step.

I did it twice.

in the sc1 folder.

I got no result only the magpie logo saying file not found.

Mitchell
I have managed to get magpie to work with SC1. It was a bit fiddly
Basically - rename & then copy the dataP.db and datat.db files into the ICC folder. Do the converting there and then copy them back and change the name

Maybe we can 'crack' the code better with fewer players?

Screen shot of D Bradman's stats below

Attachments

DJellett

International Debutant
Incredible! The Don doesn't rate very well with the bat...no wonder he never does well in the game....

gio

U19 Cricketer
Can you take a shot of S.F Barnes stats. That will hopefully reveal more about bowling stats.