• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC2002 Editing Developments

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
historical scenarios

Hi Neil.
Congratulations on a job well done.

I tried using the step by step process on sc1.

It kept coming up with file not found on the last step.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Mitchell

NikhilN

International Regular
I think you also have to put the convdb file in your sc folders and then put in program files\empire interactive\inter...\SC # and then type convdb -e thing

imagine

School Boy/Girl Captain
bug [?] , when i change a player's nationality from one country to other, he plays for both nations, eg. changed an Aussie to English, and during AUS-ENG match he plays for both teams.

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
nikhil4eve

Hi Nick.

Have you actually tried it?

Keep me updated.

I saved the conv. etc to sc1

It didn't work.

Mitchell

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
imagine said:
bug [?] , when i change a player's nationality from one country to other, he plays for both nations, eg. changed an Aussie to English, and during AUS-ENG match he plays for both teams.
No idea why on earth that happens!

NikhilN

International Regular
did you do it from step one? like downloading another copy of the files into your sc1 folders, then running dos, then magpie(also make sure the location of magpie is in sc1 folder), and then running dos again?

NikhilN

International Regular
imagine said:
Maybe there is a min squad size for each team...so if you take one out from there team it might be going under the min squad size...

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
answer

Hi Nik.

I did everything step by step.

I did it twice.

in the sc1 folder.

I got no result only the magpie logo saying file not found.

Mitchell

xixsoside

Cricket Spectator
gio said:
Has anyone edited the database to reflect the changes in International players? I've made a few: England's lineup is complete (i.e. Harmison, Flintoff, Jones(s), Vaughan etc. all good. Iv'e also made a few alterations to some of the other sides like replacing Kirsten with Rudolph, Srinath with Pathan, Cuffy with Edwards. Anyone come close to making a complete database?

It's hard getting the right balance between a good player and a world beater, especially with bowling.
I have, and I recommend you don't swap Pathan for Srinath, cause then Srinaths career history will go to Pathan.

There are a lot of regen names in the list which you can ammend to add in new players. I didn't really have the proper estimate on how good the batsman can be in the game. I raised Inzaman's rating too high and his avg for one season was 150 :-p. Rest assured I have changed it.

xixsoside

Cricket Spectator
hallmitchell said:
Hi Nik.

I did everything step by step.

I did it twice.

in the sc1 folder.

I got no result only the magpie logo saying file not found.

Mitchell
what system are you using, what OP?

xixsoside

Cricket Spectator
can we move on to editing fixtures. I don't mind going at it myself, but can someone please atleast guide me to a starting point. I am relatively new to programming, but hey whats the harm in trying eh.

xixsoside

Cricket Spectator
andrew_nixon said:
It seems simple to me, but is there any way of adding players to the database?
no way of adding. But you can alter existing players.

There are lots of players who has last names and initials. I believe these players are precoded regen players to make up numbers. You can always re edit them.

Do not try to eliminate an older player, cause if you do the new player would STILL have stats of the older player, and I'm sure you'd not like that. Atleast I wouldn't.

Good Luck

Neil Pickup

xixsoside said:
can we move on to editing fixtures. I don't mind going at it myself, but can someone please atleast guide me to a starting point. I am relatively new to programming, but hey whats the harm in trying eh.
We've found some stuff that we think might affect it in "crickman.dll".

However, we've no idea what does what.

So if you want to change things and see what happens - go ahead - that's the way we created Magpie!

gio

U19 Cricketer
Bowling abilites really aren't sorted. I've fiddled around with Harmy's stats and he still isn't very good. The old magpie (i.e. the first player abilties editor) made a much bigger effect - Harmy was ending with figures like 7/12 every game. It's a pity about the bugs. Still, i don't see why one editor should differ from the other.

Neil Pickup

The "old" magpie didn't write back what you told it to, and did something totally different.

So that last result would have been a big tasty fluke. Sorry :)

Hoggy31

International Captain
Some players since i edited them have like 2000 catches and 30 stumpings and have only played about 10 games or aren't even a keeper, is there any way to fix this, Anyway great job on this, Thanks so much.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Are you using the latest version of the editor?

If not, it's just another case of me writing it badly...