• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC2002 Editing Developments

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice and precise there.. some clues as to at which of the 9 steps it gets stuck at would much assist my solving the problem.

octobertiger

Cricket Spectator
Guys,

May have worked out what that first unknown offset is. Am beginning to test it properly now. Will confirm when i'm 100% sure.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Any ideas on how long it will be before the player editor is out??

I have looked at the team editor and it works ok for me..

octobertiger

Cricket Spectator
oops

nope, was way wide of the mark. all i know it crashes when you mess with it. I rec its telling the game where the player fits in with other files. I doubt its of crucial importance, as regards to making an editor.

tayyab

Cricket Spectator
cricman.dll reveals some interesting things . It has the whole structure of int. and fc cricket . I deleted all but had no effect on game . Probably real fixtures are somewhere else . Also cricman.dll has 1999 world cup plus fixtures of 2001 . I wonder why they put it there. One thing intersting that it is written as if to explain the people playing how to change it . I dont think that the programmers need such detail . Probably someone can ask cricketgames.com what this file actually does .
Information of different offsets is pretty much mixed on the last few pages . If anyone who has understand it can post it here .
Like i want to know if the economy and s/r are in diff. offsets or same . Thanks

Eclipse

International Debutant
Nice work Neil.

Any news on how to change a player skin colour??

I have been fiddeling around but I cant work this one out.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Eclipse said:
Nice work Neil.

Any news on how to change a player skin colour??

I have been fiddeling around but I cant work this one out.
Doesn't exist in the game. All Wet Indians are black, and all Englishmen are white.

Cloete

International Captain
halsey said:
Doesn't exist in the game. All Wet Indians are black, and all Englishmen are white.
well why do i get black/indian youth players?

tehre must be something. look at the colour of andy symonds and stuff..... it's not just generalised

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Cloete said:
well why do i get black/indian youth players?

tehre must be something. look at the colour of andy symonds and stuff..... it's not just generalised
You may well be right, I have not looked into it in any detail.

But Ricaldo Anderson, who used to play for Essex, and is also black, is simulated in the game as white.

Neil Pickup

You need a decrypted database for Magpie to open. Step 4 is impossible to fail as it is only changing directory.

Black/White English players do happen. I've had regenerated black English players.

It's the major problem that we haven't solved yet.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
OK. Well, it can't be very comprehensive, then, as I for one have seen tons of black players who are white in the game.

Neil Pickup

It seems a very lax effort - like the ground information, for that matter.

Trying to crack team records & info at present - 00 00 00 00 00 85 02 06 00 6A 07 10 00 12 00 6A 07 75 08 for Derbyshire between Jean-Jacques & D Carr.

IsuraE

School Boy/Girl Captain
Has there been any progess in cracking the fixtures.
It would nice if we could edit the fixtures (international only offcourse) so you can play more matches in a year.
Also, I was thinking that if you could indeed crack the fixtures, then it might be possible to add world cups every 4 years.
That would be awesome. :D