• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
No Ngoggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Bliss. Still can't stand Insua, Lucas looks like he's been lounging around eating junk for the past week and Agger is having a shocker. But no Ngog. :)

And maybes some Torres later?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Chelsea definitely favourites to win it, but then again, imo they have been all season. Out of the top three I would have to say that they are the least likely to go dropping points, even if Arsenal are the ones with the supposedly easiest run in.
This is true. Best squad alone doesn't win you the trophy though. Still a while yet to go in the season and their match against City could cut the gap between them and the chasers. But knowing City, they'll fold.

Craig

World Traveller
Julio Cesar is a doubt for Inter ahead of their CL clash with Chelsea after crashing his Lamborghini. I sure as hell he plays because he is one of the best goal keepers in the world (I would say top 3 or 4) for mine, and is certainly better then Cech.

cpr

International Coach
tbh, pretty much most top level keepers are better than Cech at the moment. Well bar Fabianski and Ben Foster.

Craig

World Traveller
Saw the highlights between Bayer Leverkausen and Werder Bremen, and Bremen got a free kick, centre back Naldo took it, and the ball landed short of Bayer keeper Rene Adler who caught the ball, fumbled (as in it went straight through his arms), Adler slipped as the ball hit the ground and he tried to clear it and Claudio Pizarro ran up scored from a one of the easiest taps in he will ever score in his career. If you had seen it, it was pretty comical. Fabianiski-esque tbh.

Now that Robert Enke is sadly no longer with us, I'm not sure if Adler is in line to take over as first choice at the WC, but that was a shocking howler.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tbh, pretty much most top level keepers are better than Cech at the moment. Well bar Fabianski and Ben Foster.
Nah, good keeper. Cech makes a few more errors than he did in his pre-helmet days (when he was as good as Schmeichel at his peak) but he still dominates the box really well.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Now that Robert Enke is sadly no longer with us, I'm not sure if Adler is in line to take over as first choice at the WC, but that was a shocking howler.
Manuel Neuer of Schalke was first choice for most of 2009, but was injured and replaced by Adler for both the two big qualifiers against Russia, where the Bundesadler by all accounts kept exceptionally well. So yes, he's first choice unless he makes more mistakes of that sort.

Of course, one only gets to see German keepers when they make mistakes :p

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure the second one really is a mistake, the first though he's obviously confused his own defender for the attacker otherwise he'd have loads of time to let that come in the box and just catch it.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cech gone off with what looks to be a knee injury. Could be massive in the context of the season, depending on how serious the injury is and how long it keeps him out for.

Seanyjb10

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Looked quite serious cud be out 4 a couple
of weeks

I don't rate him anyway not since the massive
injury he had