• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good first half for Corrin - Tranmere out the drop zone as it stands. We're on top against Stockport but sorely need a goal. Time for our Canadian super sub, please.

This could be one of those afternoons that decides a season.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Getting a bit nervy at the prospect of us having to see out the last ten minutes with the most slender of leads. Come on Arsenal ffs.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Great, well done Arsenal. Didn't make this any more complicated than it had to be, clean sheet to boot as well.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Irritating loss for the Bees after being 1-0 up, still in a perfectly fine position but will need to beat Tranmere next week to prevent any slight worries returning.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
From an Eboue cross no less, told you they should both be in the team :ph34r:
Actually, it's something I've told my cousin who is a huge Arsenal fan. That Bendtner can be dangerous provided he gets a little smarter and learns to anticipate and be on the same level as his teammates. And I've always thought Eboue was wrongly shunted aside; as he is much better going forward than Sagna. Sagna is good at getting around the goal area; but he is one dimensional when he gets there. Anyway, that was Sunderland so who knows.

Arsenal fans must feel pretty happy, only 2 points off United and 6 off Chelsea. Anything can happen and they have by far the easiest run to the end. You just never know. From a neutral POV, I'd rather Arsenal take it. Have always been far more likeable than the other two big ****s.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Actually, it's something I've told my cousin who is a huge Arsenal fan. That Bendtner can be dangerous provided he gets a little smarter and learns to anticipate and be on the same level as his teammates. And I've always thought Eboue was wrongly shunted aside; as he is much better going forward than Sagna. Sagna is good at getting around the goal area; but he is one dimensional when he gets there. Anyway, that was Sunderland so who knows.

Arsenal fans must feel pretty happy, only 2 points off United and 6 off Chelsea. Anything can happen and they have by far the easiest run to the end. You just never know. From a neutral POV, I'd rather Arsenal take it. Have always been far more likeable than the other two big ****s.
Sorry, wasn't actually meaning to refer to you specifically, have been making the point for Bendtner's inclusion to the rest of the thread over the last few weeks.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ah ok, fair enough. Though I rate Sagna as a better defender than Eboue I would still say his signing was a strage one, as Eboue had never really looked at all out of his depth whilst playing in defence, and in fact had actually been very impressive on occasion. Would have thought it more logical to sign some sort of cover/replacement for Clichy, who in my view anyway, a much greater area for concern.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clichy was awesome for a period, it's just the last year and a half or so he's fallen away somewhat.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Going the game today. Combination of postponements, bank balance and kids' birthday means I haven't been for ages - if all goes well then next time I post in this thread we'll be out of the relegation zone. Come on you whites.
yes yes yes YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

STAYING THE HELL UP, HAVE THAT, SUPER WHIIIIIIIIITE ARMY

Craig

World Traveller

I have a feeling Chelsea will win it. Cue for MU at Old Trafford in the 98th minute of added time (when it was only two minutes added on) for Rooney to score the winner and give them the title :dry:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Chelsea definitely favourites to win it, but then again, imo they have been all season. Out of the top three I would have to say that they are the least likely to go dropping points, even if Arsenal are the ones with the supposedly easiest run in.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We played Everton earlier in the season and they were dreadful, the worst I've seen them under Moyes. No pressure when United had the ball, no composure when they had the ball, and they just looked completely dire.

Yesterday they were absolutely brilliant. Flawless performance, IMO the best we've come up against this season. Such a good team when they get it right.