• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I have a feeling my aversion to reading the redtops may have caused me to miss something here - if, as I understand it, it was Bridge's ex rather than current g/f, then why should he give a tuppenny toss that JT was subsequently giving her one?

In fact why can't they just have a laugh about it in that boorish laddish manner that blokes are supposed to?
Because sneaking around behind one of your best mate's back to root his recent ex is a huge no-no.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I have a feeling my aversion to reading the redtops may have caused me to miss something here - if, as I understand it, it was Bridge's ex rather than current g/f, then why should he give a tuppenny toss that JT was subsequently giving her one?

In fact why can't they just have a laugh about it in that boorish laddish manner that blokes are supposed to?
Dunno. If I found out one of my best mates (as Bridge reportedly considered Terry) was tupping the mother of my child who I'd recently broken up from I don't think I'd be overjoyed.

Strictly speaking Bridge's ex was fair game, but it seems a bit callous to me.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rather see Bridge at the WC than Terry.

Sure we'd be a weaker team (though having said, would a second choice centre back be worse than a third choice left back if Cole doesnt recover?), but we'd be a more respectable and less arrogant team. Watching Terry smirk his Sloth-like face around the pitch really makes me not want to watch (my TV's to expensive to smash) and actually want Ing-ur-land (alas, feel they arn't the national team anymore, but the winners from Chav-idol) to fail.
Instead we'll get Rio Ferdinand's half dog, half incestuous melted face offspring face on the pitch.

chalky

International Debutant
Fair enough decision by Bridge in my opinion, completely see the logic behind it. Let's just hope Cashely is fit.
Yeah brave decision from Bridge. On the footballing side of things don't think we will lose that much having Baines, Warnock et al at the world cup rather than Bridge.

Craig

World Traveller
Another thing, I think the headline on the BBC Website of "Bridge turns back on England team" is incredibly stupid and unfair on Bridge. You could easily argue that he has taken one for the team here, giving up what is effectively a guaranteed World Cup place to ensure there isn't a division amongst the squad. Though there are probably other motives at play here, to suggest Bridge is somehow to blame for this situation in any way is pretty appalling in my eyes.
I don't think it takes much to be a journalist IMO. I mean the NZ media said Nathan Astle CBF anymore when he retired from international cricket. Absolutely dire.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pothas, won't be able to make it to Griffin Park tomorrow, but I'll be there in, um, spirit. Not confident tbh, will take a draw

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, am undecided as to whether I will make the trip yet. Will make up my mind this evening. Lack of cash/need to spend more time in the library being my main concerns.

duffer

Arsenal reducing their overall debt by 130 million over the past 6 months? Great news, apparently Gazidis is now trying to lock down all our young guys to long term deals (16 in the past season alone) as the next stage so hopefully this should allow some actual investment in the team after that's done.

No matter what happens it's going to be a piotal summer coming up.

duffer

More on that from another forum:

On our stadium tour last March, Perry Groves said that we would have the stadium debt paid in full in 3 years time. We just laughed it off at the time but now I´m beginning to wonder if that´s really their aim and they´ve been pouring every ****ing penny towards that.

Omgz, it's all coming together.

Craig

World Traveller
I thought as an economist, debt doesn't matter too much? I mean certainly all the money they buy players from is all in the form of loans from the bank.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
So excited for the Prem this weekend (what's new?). Terry vs Bridge, bottom four battles, Everton and Liverpool after one another. Nom nom nom

chalky

International Debutant
Reckon Bridge will be last in the line for Man City during the handshakes so he can just walk away without having to refuse Terry's handshake.