• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

Craig

World Traveller
I think the only reason Owen would consider playing for the Bucs is (apart from the money) that he has a £5m house/mansion near by so he could live in that.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Sebastian Viera is apparently an Arsenal player now.

I would love to know how he got a work permit as he has only has 10 caps for Uruguay and isn't going straight out on loan to some mediorce Belgium club for two years to get his EU Passport from what I have read. Or he has somehow discovered he has an Italian/Spanish/Dutch/Greek/German/French/wherever born grand father/mother.
I guess that if he is the number one for Uruguay he'd be granted one on appeal.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Craig said:
Sebastian Viera is apparently an Arsenal player now.

I would love to know how he got a work permit as he has only has 10 caps for Uruguay and isn't going straight out on loan to some mediorce Belgium club for two years to get his EU Passport from what I have read. Or he has somehow discovered he has an Italian/Spanish/Dutch/Greek/German/French/wherever born grand father/mother.
there are far more ways to get a work permit than just that, and as of yet, he isnt an arsenal player anyway seeing as wenger has just stated that a deal is far from done.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Craig said:
I think the only reason Owen would consider playing for the Bucs is (apart from the money) that he has a £5m house/mansion near by so he could live in that.
no, somehow i think he would leap at the chance to play for a team that is in the champions league, as they will be the only such team who will show any intrest asides maybe liverpool. Arsenal will have no intrest, and its not like he would get in their team anyway.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
kendall said:
no, somehow i think he would leap at the chance to play for a team that is in the champions league, as they will be the only such team who will show any intrest asides maybe liverpool. Arsenal will have no intrest, and its not like he would get in their team anyway.
There's also the England factor. Not playing regularly doesn't exactly help him. No matter how much Sven likes him he needs to play.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There were some rumours today that man utd didnt actualy want Owen however i think the more likely story is that they will be signing him and aparently Saha willl be leaving too Monacco

Pothas

Well the football league starts this weekend any predictions?

The Championship- Obviously the relegated teams from last year are going to be some of the favourites and id tip crystal palace as they are keeping andy johnsen too go up automaticly. Southampton are obvioulsy going through a very difficult period but aslong as they keep harry then i think they will reach the playoffs atleast. Ipswhich have lost a lot of players but i still tip them too get prmotion this year.

League 1- I think the Bess (brentford) under martin Allen will do it this year after coming 4th last year. Tramnere will be up there again and the bookies favbourite is Nothingham forrest.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Interesting to see that The Championship outperforms a few of the higher profile European topflights in a few categories.

Pothas

I cant say im a huge fan of the champinship. The football is pretty dull reallly. It does not have the skill of the premiership or the enternainig if less skilfull and sometimes farcial element that league 1 has. The championship players are competant and there are no really bad teams but no really good teams this makes it a pretty dull league too watch as there is usualy little creativity. This could come from watching reading but this is the impression of the league that i get

Pothas

Newcastle are set too make an 11 millon offer for Owen and if it is true and manchester united dont want him then it seems that will be owens destination. However i remember that newcastle also made the opening bid for Rooney last year

chris.hinton

International Captain
My prediction (Here they are)

Prem

Champions: Chelsea
Runners-up: Arsenal

Relegated: Portsmouth, Sunderland and West Ham

Division 1

Champs: Leeds
Runners Up: Southampton
Play offs : Norwich

relegated: Luton, Brighton, Plymouth

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
chris.hinton said:
My prediction (Here they are)

Prem

Champions: Chelsea
Runners-up: Arsenal

Relegated: Portsmouth, Sunderland and West Ham

Division 1

Champs: Leeds
Runners Up: Southampton
Play offs : Norwich

relegated: Luton, Brighton, Plymouth

pretty mcuh the same prediction, only differecne is that i reckon Man U will be runners up if not champions this season.... :D

Pothas

I really dont see man utd doing that too be honest, i think another 3rd place for them

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Pothas said:
I really dont see man utd doing that too be honest, i think another 3rd place for them
well mate i'm die Hard Man U, looking for silverware this season GO UNITED.....