• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
roseboy64 said:
I think Landon Donovan would be a good buy. He's pacy, creative and a goal scorer. He can also play in the midfield. Too bad though that he loves the MLS so much. That might prevent him from going. He was with some German team last season and went back to the US without even missing a league game.
Yep, he's gonna fit right into the Buccaneers :happy:

Craig

World Traveller
No chance in hell Owen will play for United. He was a Liverpool player and a fan of the club - no way he would be that silly to play for them.

Craig

World Traveller
Speaking of the MLS I watched the friendly match between the MLS All-Stars and Fulham.

I have watched bits and pieces of the MLS here and there on ESPN and from what I have seen I quite like it and the commentatory that goes with it: Claus Jensen scores a penalty kick goal, we have an MLS All-Star team and series, mascots, half-time entertainment and that included a rock band preforming at half time.

You English have been warned.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Craig said:
No chance in hell Owen will play for United. He was a Liverpool player and a fan of the club - no way he would be that silly to play for them.
It'd be better than rotting on the bench although he might go to Liverpool.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
As an Australian and a Newcastle United supporter, what do you guys think of their signing of Craig Moore ? Personally, it shows me the decline of the club

Craig

World Traveller
No, no - a penalty goal kick as what the commentator said.

Although they showed some of the best goals of the season at half time and when one Freddy Adu scored a brilliant goal with his left foot the commentator shouted out: "Freddy, Freddy" or when the Colorado Rapids were playing the Columbus Crew and the Rapids where trailing 2-1 and it the Rapids had a corner right at the end of the match and the commentator yelled out: "Go up Cannon, go up Cannon" in reference to Rapids 'keeper Joe Cannon to rush up to the corner and see if he could score and his team a draw.

You have to admire American football (not the NFL) commentators.

shaka

International Regular
NUFC are close to signing Sol Campbell which would boost the defence, however they may need to be lucky enough to win the race to get M.Owen to partner Shearer for the season, that would be a sight to see.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
shaka said:
NUFC are close to signing Sol Campbell which would boost the defence, however they may need to be lucky enough to win the race to get M.Owen to partner Shearer for the season, that would be a sight to see.
close to signing sol campbell ? somehow methinks not.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Craig said:
the same goes for alan smith.....and he now is on utds roster......mind you he doesnt actually play for them mind you...

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
shaka said:
I really dont see newcastle winning the race for owen i mean why would owen go too them over man utd, arsenal and liverpool unless maybe they offer stupid money that the others arent prepared too.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
you never Know Craig....

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
aussie said:
you never Know Craig....
to be perfectly honest i have no doubts that owen would play for man utd if arsenal or some other decent side didnt follow up their intrest in him,

speaking of arsenal it was intresting to see pires playing in the middle in the friendly with porto today with hleb wide on the left, maybe a tactic we will see more of when the season begins.

shaka

International Regular
kendall said:
I really dont see newcastle winning the race for owen i mean why would owen go too them over man utd, arsenal and liverpool unless maybe they offer stupid money that the others arent prepared too.
How many Liverpool players have gone on to Man U? not a lot. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Craig

World Traveller
Sebastian Viera is apparently an Arsenal player now.

I would love to know how he got a work permit as he has only has 10 caps for Uruguay and isn't going straight out on loan to some mediorce Belgium club for two years to get his EU Passport from what I have read. Or he has somehow discovered he has an Italian/Spanish/Dutch/Greek/German/French/wherever born grand father/mother.