• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
One of the biggest myths floating around that one. Owen, horse, Lineker etc. are natural finishers, Fowler isn't
If it's such a huge myth, how come so many people who know what they're talking about in the media etc. say it - or do you know more about it than they do? Obviously people like Ian Rush know nothing about goal-scoring do they?

As for saying van Nistelrooy is a natural finisher, have you seen how many chances he misses? Far too many to be called a natural finisher.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
If it's such a huge myth, how come so many people who know what they're talking about in the media etc. say it - or do you know more about it than they do? Obviously people like Ian Rush know nothing about goal-scoring do they?

As for footballers knowing what they're talking about - that WOULD be a first.

As for saying van Nistelrooy is a natural finisher, have you seen how many chances he misses? Far too many to be called a natural finisher.
Far fewer chances than Robbie misses, he also doesn't consistently beef up his record by flogging rubbish teams - he pretty much scores against everyone.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
Far fewer chances than Robbie misses, he also doesn't consistently beef up his record by flogging rubbish teams - he pretty much scores against everyone.
You continue to show your lack of Football knowledge - presumably because you haven't been watching the game for very long.

Scaly piscine

marc71178 said:
You continue to show your lack of Football knowledge - presumably because you haven't been watching the game for very long.
Yawn.

Look at his career record. Doesn't even manage a goal every two games, that's after playing at good teams that create plenty of chances. Good record in the League Cup, where he's usually playing crap teams when it doesn't matter much... funny that.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And look at how he was when he came onto the scene fully fit.

Or are all the pundits wrong because you say so? 8-)

Scaly piscine

marc71178 said:
And look at how he was when he came onto the scene fully fit.

Or are all the pundits wrong because you say so? 8-)
All the pundits? How many discuss whether he's a 'natural finisher' or not? Hardly any I bet.

Even when he 'came onto the scene fully fit' he padded his record with hat-tricks against duff sides.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The pundits who describe him as the best natural finisher around?

What would people like Ian Rush compared to someone who has actually said he doesn't know much about football?

Scaly piscine

marc71178 said:
The pundits who describe him as the best natural finisher around?

What would people like Ian Rush compared to someone who has actually said he doesn't know much about football?
I know about football, just not about the lesser teams and the more recent players. I used to follow it a lot more in the 90s and I remember Fowler filling his boots and then the him and the Spice Boys getting blanked once they came up against a team with a spine.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So you used to follow it then, and still don't think fit Fowler's the best around.

If he were foreign, I could understand it...

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Just a reminder, tune in to BBC1 at 6pm for some extreme comedy. By that I mean my lads getting ripped apart by the Scousers. Ah well, at least they're Scouse and I'm not. :p

Scaly piscine

marc71178 said:
So you used to follow it then, and still don't think fit Fowler's the best around.

If he were foreign, I could understand it...
That's right, he was crap for England and he's crap against any quality teams. Just a decent Premiership club player and nothing more.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
That's right, he was crap for England and he's crap against any quality teams. Just a decent Premiership club player and nothing more.
hmm harsh but i'd say your right..

Matteh

I don't understand how we (mansfield) can come away losing 1v0 against Newcastle...when we fully deserved a draw and then go and lose 4v0 to Darlington :(

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Live on Sky Sports Tonight:

Exeter City v Accrington Stanley - Top of the Table. It's huge. Don't miss it.
Puts on best scouse accent...

"Accrington Stanley - who are they?"

"Exactly"