• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Dasa said:
You're a master of hyperbole.
Sorry, but is an attack where Darren Maddy comes on as first change really worthy of the name then, because I can categorically say it'd be one of the worst around.

Factor the small Taunton ground and I don't see how 1 innings can make him superb when last time he had a challenge he had to duck it.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
shaka said:
who would have guessed that Warne would get 2 centuries in a season, let alone in his career? I sure didn't but I knew he had the ability to score a ton.
Someone to post "Warne = superb" in 5....4....3....

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Sorry, but is an attack where Darren Maddy comes on as first change really worthy of the name then, because I can categorically say it'd be one of the worst around.

Factor the small Taunton ground and I don't see how 1 innings can make him superb when last time he had a challenge he had to duck it.
Nevertheless, it's an achievement to score a 300, whether it's against a weak county attack, a weak Zimbabwe attack, or on the flattest pitch imaginable.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dasa said:
Nevertheless, it's an achievement to score a 300, whether it's against a weak county attack, a weak Zimbabwe attack, or on the flattest pitch imaginable.
No one's denied that. It just doesn't make him superb, same as it never made Graeme Hick superb, nor (*fetches Wisden*) Mal Loye, Mark Wagh, Wasim Jaffer, Steve James, David Sales (etc)

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
No one's denied that. It just doesn't make him superb, same as it never made Graeme Hick superb, nor (*fetches Wisden*) Mal Loye, Mark Wagh, Wasim Jaffer, Steve James, David Sales (etc)
As Pratyush said:
Pratyush said:
Do we want to get into another Smith debate? No because the defination of 'superb' is very judgemental.
At any rate, people seem to be too quick to denigrate any of Smith's achievements. He may not be the best batsman in the world, but he is still very good.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Hamphire really need Warne too perform tomorow needing too get anouther 6 wickets with only about 110 runs in hand they have made it very difficult for themsleves with another inept batting perfomance i cant wait untill mcmillan goes back too new zeland he has been very poor. great too see mascherenhas back though

Rich2001

International Captain
kendall said:
i cant wait untill mcmillan goes back too new zeland he has been very poor. great too see mascherenhas back though
I'll trade you J.Kemp for him :p - Isn't it a good sight to see a county captain have the guts to drop your overseas star for a couple of games, got to pull your weight in our neck of the woods :D

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
shame to see warnes last game for hampshire this season ending in a closely run defeat :( although its great to see mascheranas back, he will be a big boost to the side in the coming weeks, he has indeed been sorely missed and its great to get him back.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
I am slighlty concenred about hamsphire now and if they dont have pieterson for the rest of the summer then they could be in real trouble. Aslong as they have Tremlett the bowling will still be excellent for county standards with Tremlett,bichel and mascharenhas aswell as the old pro udal. but if the batting doesnt improve i fear they could still go down watson will really have too perform

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
Where has warwickshire gone?

1st about 4 weeks ago, and 4TH NOW?

At least we have got a game in hand over surrey, and played kent twice, so im hoping for a few 20 pointers against the lesser counties in div 1.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
kendall said:
I am slighlty concenred about hamsphire now and if they dont have pieterson for the rest of the summer then they could be in real trouble. Aslong as they have Tremlett the bowling will still be excellent for county standards with Tremlett,bichel and mascharenhas aswell as the old pro udal. but if the batting doesnt improve i fear they could still go down watson will really have too perform
well with any luck bar anything horrivble happening to thorpe they will have pietersen for more of the summer than they expected, but i do expect pietersen to play at least one or two of the tests this summer....

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
sledger said:
well with any luck bar anything horrivble happening to thorpe they will have pietersen for more of the summer than they expected, but i do expect pietersen to play at least one or two of the tests this summer....
The Oval would be as good a place as any if it's a FTB's paradise.