• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
What a knock for Watson. Disappointing he got out at the end, but Hampshire will be thrilled to have him now.
just needs to produce something like that on the international stage now. :D

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Warwickshire vs Lancashire
Hampshire vs Yorkshire

tough draw for us, best case probably would have been Hampshire/Warwicks at home. Yorkshire have a long journey tho so i think ill go for Hampshire on that one. If we have Freddie i'd go for us, but otherwise it'll be too close to call IMO

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
I am pretty confident Hampshire can get past Yorkshire at home especaily considering Pieterson and Tremlet should be playing as there is no Test match that week.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Damn!

Mind you the side we put out in the QF (number 11 being Frost who played a match-drawing innings against Kent this year) does have 11 centurions in it.

It's got the depth, but Knight needs to continue his cracking form (with 18 months till the world cup dare I suggest he retired 4 years too early?) if we have a chance.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Middlesex 51/0 off 8.3, Hampshire 53/2 off 9, Worcestershire 50/0 off 9.2, Surrey 56/0 off 10.2.

Then there's Durham... 20/2 off 7. Grrrrrr

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scaly piscine said:
Must be some incredibly bowler friendly pitch Durham are batting on.
Uneven bounce, seam movement, late swing.

All in the one delivery I've just flicked over to SS1 and seen.

It's also getting to the stage where you're lucky if a long hop gets above your ankles...

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The pitch at the Riverside is actually bordering on a disgrace. It's very up & down. Streak got one to climb from a length to Peng early on & then Dougie Brown bowled Hussey with a length ball that kept so low it hit the left-hander's off stump about 1/3 of the way up.

Durham are actually doing well to be 32/5! Not sure Hussey's shout to have a bat was too clever tho, there was cloud cover even then.