• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

Langeveldt

Soutie
PY said:
Smith's got 300 in a day, not sure how many times that has been done in FC cricket but it can't be all that many. His compatriot has come in for some serious tap as well, Willoughby going for 116 off 21 overs.
Worst day ever... I was playing about a mile away.. Scored 0 off 1 ball... And missed it all

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
So Symonds signs for Lancs, and Flintoff available for the C&G on friday aswell.

Loye
North
Law
Symonds
Flintoff
Chilton
A Crook
D Cork
W Hegg
G Chapple
J Anderson

nice side

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
So Symonds signs for Lancs, and Flintoff available for the C&G on friday aswell.

Loye
North
Law
Symonds
Flintoff
Chilton
A Crook
D Cork
W Hegg
G Chapple
J Anderson

nice side
yea defiantely i cant see us loosing that game, will be going down to Old Trafford for sure on friday.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
unfortunately i have to work, if i'd have thought about it i would have booked the day off, but i only realised it was this friday today.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
On a completely unrelated note - Somerset's captain once Graeme Smith leaves at the end of this month, and for the whole of next year, is Ian Blackwell, with the vastly under-rated Matt Wood as his deputy. Interesting choice.

It'll either be the making of Blackwell, or it'll turn Somerset into an even bigger joke than they already are.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
some interesting games going on today.

Symonds scored 101 on debut for Lancs but the rest struggled to 249-8, Sussex are 149-3 with 15 to go.

Surrey scored 358-6 against Hampshire, who have 200-4 in the 29th but Mcmillan just runout, Watson batting well and Ervine comes to the crease.

Warwickshire look set to win the other match at 198-5 chasing 260 to win against Kent with 14 overs left and Knight 86*

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
yeah they said just said he wasn't fit to bowl.

Symonds has a ton, two wickets and 2 catches on debut, was looking close until recently, but 2 quick wickets have pretty much settled it

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I left the ground about 35 minutes ago when Goodwin was out, but i got to see Symon wondeful century, i was so disappointed when Flintoff swiped at Mushtaq & was stumped :dry: .

Must commend Naved's bowling that ball that he bowled Law with was an absolute peach, seeing his offstump fly out from side on...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
First OD century for Watson. Up in 86 balls too. Will be a perfect start for him if he can guide Hampshire home.
definately, showing his worth immediately

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
I am so delighted by Hampshires victory. I was not looking forward too the rest of hampshires season after yesterdays anoucment and i was even more downhearted when i got home too find that surrey had got 358. But what a perfomance by the batsmen just need Watson too do that for the rest of the season and we should be fine