• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
A game was actually decided by a... bowl-off? Jesus, that's atrocious.
Well it was a tie so what else could do they do? Have some daft rule allowing the team with something meaningless like a better qualification record in the previous rounds which were done and finished with go through?

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My two favourite teams into the finals day, alongside my second-most hated and one I really don't care about. Wish I'd got tickets!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Whats more attrocious is how if the bowlers don't almost run back to their marker after the ball (We can't let Kevin public get bored now can we?), the other side get awarded 6 runs (frequently the difference between win or lose).. I know there are time restricitions on ODI's, but these are just stipid..

Couldn't believe they actually had a timer timing down the time until the innings had to end on the big screen for all the crowd to see! This isn't cricket at all.. What crap... Why don't they shove a bowling machine at the end to see how quickly they can get it over with?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Lancashire's incosistent season continues after some good performaces lately they get restricted to 154 by essex, i just left the ground since i dont see how lancashire are going to restrict essex..

But i must admit the pitch seemed to be slow since Kaneria, Middlebrook & Flower were difficult to get away, if that wicket is used for the 3rd test Australia could be tempted to use MaCGill

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
after the lord mayors show, Lancashire batting partly in a monsoon didn't help, neither did the dodgy lbw symonds got, but fair play to Essex they are running away with the national league and Bopara looks a decent prospect. You'd say they have they're share of foreigners (adams, kaneria, the flowers) but they definately have their share of young english players aswell (Bopara, Cook, Jeferson, Pettini)

Neil Pickup

I think that's probably the ideal split in a side - imports being top-quality (*notices Adams* or at least pretty regular Internationals), and English guys being either high level or up-and-comers; keeping journeymen to the fringes.

Scaly piscine

Tom Halsey said:
Essex cruising home... :D
Expecting a certain ranting Saffie (no not Graeme Smith) to come on shortly saying how 45 over cricket is "pioneering mediocre players's causes"... especially with that bowling 'attack' (Danish Kaneria excepted).

Langeveldt

Soutie
Scaly piscine said:
Expecting a certain ranting Saffie (no not Graeme Smith) to come on shortly saying how 45 over cricket is "pioneering mediocre players's causes"... especially with that bowling 'attack' (Danish Kaneria excepted).
What, rubbish players like Grant Flower? And only idiots make calls like yours based on one game of cricket..

I've been semi-dragged to the Twenty20 final.. Might take a good book and my minidisc player.. Although I guess the photo taking potential might be there at least.. If I can hear myself think over all the corny music..

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
after the lord mayors show, Lancashire batting partly in a monsoon didn't help, neither did the dodgy lbw symonds got, but fair play to Essex they are running away with the national league and Bopara looks a decent prospect. You'd say they have they're share of foreigners (adams, kaneria, the flowers) but they definately have their share of young english players aswell (Bopara, Cook, Jeferson, Pettini)
well i dont think the moonsoon this afternoon had a huge effect on the way Lancashire batted, has i said before the pitch was slow and it assisted the spin of Kaneria, Middlebrook & Flower but has u said that had nothing to do with Symo's dodgy lbw call :happy:

Neil Pickup

Langeveldt said:
What, rubbish players like Grant Flower? And only idiots make calls like yours based on one game of cricket..

I've been semi-dragged to the Twenty20 final.. Might take a good book and my minidisc player.. Although I guess the photo taking potential might be there at least.. If I can hear myself think over all the corny music..
If you've a spare ticket and don't fancy it, send it this way...

Scaly piscine

Langeveldt said:

Err Essex are currently unbeaten in the National League, so it's based on 8 wins. Beyond the Flower brothers and Kaneria (virtually every team has some quality imports anyway) there's not a great deal of quality there.

Anyway I wonder if the Oval crowd will be able to hear the corny music over Langeveldt's protestations...

twctopcat

International Regular
Langeveldt said:

You sure your 18 buddy?? I agree with neils sentiments, a bidding war perhaps.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
Err Essex are currently unbeaten in the National League, so it's based on 8 wins. Beyond the Flower brothers and Kaneria (virtually every team has some quality imports anyway) there's not a great deal of quality there.
What about Ali Cook?

shaka

International Regular
The Flower brother have had a mixed season so far (from the matches I have seen). Andre Adams only going for 23 in his allotted 8 overs is a really good sign, and hope more performances like this occur in the future.