• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Gaaah.. Trust Somerset to do well in something I give zero value at all to... Proof its pioneering mediocre players's causes... Although I do rate Matt Wood

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
have to say Croft is a better commentator than cricketer :p
yea he's pretty good, but i dont think his commentary ability is better than his cricket though :happy:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
Gaaah.. Trust Somerset to do well in something I give zero value at all to... Proof its pioneering mediocre players's causes... Although I do rate Matt Wood
Thank you! Another person who rates Matt Wood! I said he was under-rated the other day and Neil responded with "Did you say under-rated?". Don't think he's his biggest fan.

He seems to play the anchor role pretty well, and his 94 off 35 balls the other day (as meaningless as it may be Rich :D ) shows he's got a few shots, too. Potential there, I think. He's the new vice-captain under Blackwell once Smith leaves, too.

Rich, any idea who the new overseas player is to replace GCS? *dreams of miraculous recovery and then temporary loss of sanity for Sachin Tendulkar, resulting in a ten-year Somerset contract* :D :wacko:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Should be fun - it's on Five Live too, and I wasn't even sure how one of these worked before today. 5 bowlers with 2 balls each at 3 stumps, apparently. Surely you could just slow it right down and lob it up really gently to make sure you hit?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
superkingdave said:
1-1 with 1 player each left
Tense stuff! Pretorius for Warks, hits leg stump first up! Misses the second, Azhar Mahmood now needs to hit at least once to keep Surrey in the game! He hits leg stump first up, if he hits this time Surrey win!

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Misses off stump - bowl-out goes to sudden death! This is amazing, I really cannot believe this. This is better than a penalty shoot out by a mile.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Streak for Warks, misses outside off stump. I thought he was injured? Tim Murtagh to bowl one ball now for Surrey, he can win it. He takes out middle stump, and Surrey have finally won! What an incredible scene! He's apparently running around with his shirt off now, that was incredible.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh that bowl-out was funny, the first few attempts were miles off and I just sort of knew somehow it'd go to sudden death.