• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladesh A giving Gloucs a pasting right now. 6 for 67.

Watson at the crease early in his FC debut for Hampshire. They're 3/29.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
FaaipDeOiad said:

To be fair, Gloucestershire are lacking Craig Spearman, Chris Taylor, Matt Windows and Steve Kirby, but it's still a poor effort. Not only that, but Enamul hasn't been called upon to bowl, and Shahadat Hossain has three wickets!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
shaka said:
Where is Spearman, he's not back in NZ is he?
Hasn't he pretty much severed all ties with NZ? He played for Glos a week ago, as the duck can attest to, and also scored a century at Southgate against Middlesex on Sunday. Think he's just rested.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
The Hampshire top order fails yet again currently 43-3. The rain has intervened for now, CrawleyWatson and Pohas have a lot of work to do now and once again they will probably be relying on the bottom order too scrap together some sort of score.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Watson is having a dream start at Hants. Amazing that, in his first stint in English FC cricket he played only one game and scored a century, and since coming back he's hit 130 odd and 40 odd in OD games, and now he's 42 not out with wickets tumbling around him in a FC game. Hopefully he can make another good score.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FaaipDeOiad said:

Gloucs recover to 232 (Snell 82*, Lewis 49, Averis 33) - Bdesh now 45/3

Particularly amused by "Kadder" Ali recording a first baller, bowled by Shahadat "12-0-101-0" Hossain...

Neil Pickup

And he gives James Kirtley a return catch having added all of one more run... oops.

As for Spearman? I'd suggest he'd be in bed, knowing how thoroughly counties treat matches against touring 'A' sides...

Neil Pickup

The Shoaib takes 14-3-47-6 (five bowled) for Worcester at Northampton - including 10 no balls - but Monty Panesar and Jason Brown of all people have added 61* for the last wicket - Northants edging towards 300.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Samuel_Vimes said:
To be fair, Gloucestershire are lacking Craig Spearman, Chris Taylor, Matt Windows and Steve Kirby, but it's still a poor effort. Not only that, but Enamul hasn't been called upon to bowl, and Shahadat Hossain has three wickets!
It's still a pretty strong Gloucester side, although Kadeer is getting a run out again I see.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Durham back to something like their early season form with their drubbing of Derbyshire, Hussey caught one boundary short of a century.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
If you've a spare ticket and don't fancy it, send it this way...
£30 by the way mate :huh: After being broke all year, I've suddenly started earning quite a bit so I just said yes... Might have second thoughts and take you up on your offer..

shaka

International Regular
Ottis Gibson on 87*, without trying to jinx it, can he get his 2nd ever first class century?

Neil Pickup

Langeveldt said:
£30 by the way mate :huh: After being broke all year, I've suddenly started earning quite a bit so I just said yes... Might have second thoughts and take you up on your offer..
As I'm earning too, that's not an offer I'm refusing. Deal.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
the flower brothers have put Lanchashire to the sword at old trafford, Essex look like the team to beat in Division 2...