• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
hurrah for the lad, becoming a great bowler, a hot prospect for the england sides, if he keeps playing the way he is now i would be very suprised if the selectors left him out of the ODI squad, or the team itself.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Some random ones here for you Lancs fans.. Gutted that today was a bit of a no-show and I could only get a few decent pics in.. What a rain storm though :-O

Attachments

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
sledger said:
hurrah for the lad, becoming a great bowler, a hot prospect for the england sides, if he keeps playing the way he is now i would be very suprised if the selectors left him out of the ODI squad, or the team itself.
Based on his 4 day performances?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If it were someone other than the Aussies then maybe, but personally I wouldn't introduce him against them!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
wpdavid said:
I would imagine that's a pretty rare picture. I wonder when was the last time they faced each other.
Eight years ago, I reckon.

http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/a/10/a10258.html <--- they met in this match, but judging by the scorecard Murali didn't bowl to Jayasuriya (he was out to Ramyakumara, who bowled five overs, and he was the first man to fall). However, Jayasuriya got Murali out for 2 - something Murali hadn't managed to do with Jayasuriya before today's game.

http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/a/7/a7404.html <--- in this match, Murali bowled to Jayasuriya, but didn't get him out.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Pickup said:
Given that the ODI squad is generally used as a bridging point towards the longer game, it wouldn't surprise me.
To be fair tho unlike Key and some others he wouldn't be a too bad a choice in the ODIs anyway - he has very impressive List A and Twenty20 stats and if he improves his batting a little (England seem to go for a number 9 that can bat a bit before they actually look at the bowling in the ODIs) he'd fit in nicely at that spot.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
His first class average is 18, and he has two fifties - so he's no rabbit by any stretch. I certainly think he's perfectly up to batting at nine.

Scaly piscine

Neil Pickup said:
His first class average is 18, and he has two fifties - so he's no rabbit by any stretch. I certainly think he's perfectly up to batting at nine.
For a bowler he's had a lot of innings in list A compared to the number of matches he's played, his average in those is crap with a highest score of 38*. Hopefully he'll do something next time he's thrown up the order by Warne.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
2 close finishes in progress with about a session to play, as Kent just finally broke the 10th wicket stand to beat Notts by 196 runs.

At tea, Durham need 140 to win with 9 in hand and Hussey at the crease on 50. Seems like a difficult prospect especially given some bad light earlier in the day, but possible.

Hampshire have Glamorgan on the ropes, 8 down and just 56 in front following on. They'll need to survive as many overs as they can and build on that lead a bit to try and force a draw.

Scaly piscine

Still some thick cloud around here, but there's a bit more clear sky than there was - so Durham might have enough time to win with their 8 wickets left if they bat reasonably well.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Good day for Lancs, no chance of the result of course (blummin southern weather :p) but Murali took 5 and we got full bowling points, then we mullered 351-3 from 56.1 overs with Sutcliffe 151(139), Hodge 110*(112) and Flintoff 29*(21) so we managed to salvage 11 points.