• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

Rich2001

International Captain
badgerhair said:
So it was you. He skied the next ball and was out.

Cheers,

Mike
Yeah sorry about that! - But will teach the little so and so to score a century against Kent next time!

Sudeep

International Captain
Does anyone have an idea when is Irfan going to Middlesex? He denied signing with them in the first place on Saturday, was spotted last night in Baroda and even if he left today, there isn't much chance he'll play tomorrow. Just a lot of confusion surronding the whole situation...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
badgerhair said:
I think we can forget about Ed Joyce as an Ashes candidate, though. He was the main reason Warne was so economical. He looked completely clueless, although he did manage to keep him out, which is at least something.

Cheers,

Mike
He he, quite a coincidence but in Warne's column in the times today, he said

"Of the players I’ve come across this season, I’d say that Ed Joyce, of Middlesex, has most impressed me so far. He looked very calm at the crease and seemed to be in control of his game."
:)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
superkingdave said:
He he, quite a coincidence but in Warne's column in the times today, he said

"Of the players I’ve come across this season, I’d say that Ed Joyce, of Middlesex, has most impressed me so far. He looked very calm at the crease and seemed to be in control of his game."
:)
Conspiracy theory - can Warne say that in hope that England pick him for the Ashes and Australia would want that to happen?

Also when Pieterson got dropped vs Bangladesh why was Ponting making the noises and Warne hyping him up? Maybe Australia did fancy themselves for Pieterson as well.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
Conspiracy theory - can Warne say that in hope that England pick him for the Ashes and Australia would want that to happen?

Also when Pieterson got dropped vs Bangladesh why was Ponting making the noises and Warne hyping him up? Maybe Australia did fancy themselves for Pieterson as well.
How can Pietersen have been dropped?

Rich2001

International Captain
Sudeep said:
Does anyone have an idea when is Irfan going to Middlesex? He denied signing with them in the first place on Saturday, was spotted last night in Baroda and even if he left today, there isn't much chance he'll play tomorrow. Just a lot of confusion surronding the whole situation...
I can't remember the excat dates off hand but It said he would either make his debut in the C&G this week or in the Totesport game on Sunday (or whenever the next OD match is)

There is little doubt he has signed for them, but there was obviously a reason he wantted to keep things quiet for a day or so maybe he was having talks with other counties and hadn't informed them that he had decided to join Mids'... Middlesex still have conformation on their website that he has signed him you would think if things had fallen through they would have changed it.

EDIT: Middlesex Squad for C&G Second Round
Middlesex have announced their squad for the Cheltenham and Gloucester second round match against Northamptonshire tomorrow at Lord's Cricket Ground.

The match will begin at 10.45am with the gates opening at 9.45am. Tickets will be available on the gate priced £10 for adults and £5 concessions. Middlesex members will be able to get into the game for free.

New signing Irfan Pathan will not take part in tomorrows match, as he is not scheduled to arrive in the UK until this weekend.

Full Squad for tomorrow:
Weekes, Smith, Shah, Strauss, Joyce, Styris, Dalrymple, Hutton, Scott, Betts, Richardson, Peploe

Sudeep said:

Also when Pieterson got dropped vs Bangladesh why was Ponting making the noises and Warne hyping him up? Maybe Australia did fancy themselves for Pieterson as well
Of course they want KP to play as they stand a much greater chance of getting him out, if he insists at scoring at 120 all the time and playing his shots he will offer chances, McGrath can bowl all day long outside off stump and KP wont be able to resist for long... Bell is more controlled and is able to leave deliveries :D

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
superkingdave said:
How can Pietersen have been dropped?
Pieterson was in the last series with the english squad and isnt at the moment as far as I know. So technically he is dropped.

Rich2001

International Captain
Pratyush said:
Pieterson was in the last series with the english squad and isnt at the moment as far as I know. So technically he is dropped.
He was part of the ODI squad, he has never been selected for the Test squad... so techincally hasn't been dropped from it.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Flintoff 7-0-16-2 - looks like his recovery is going nicely!
More importantly Lancashire are on track for victory, if they can bat proper. Also Murali is getting some good overs under his belt, but not bowling too well in this game, his ER is 5.11. Considering the rest are going at about 3 it not that good.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ervine = cool.
Four wickets so far... gotta love it. :) Go Hampshire.

And a very good recovery by Yorkshire...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Neil Pickup said:
I really have no idea what you're talking about.
Yeah sorry, I`m not making any sense. A minority in Australia (Peter Roebuck the fool) believe Flintoff chucks, bending his elbow. From what I`ve seen, it looks a bit like he does, but upon closer study, it`s most likely an optical illusion.

And if Murali chucks, that would make two of them for Lancs. :)