• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ervine hasn`t been doing anything spectacular, got his 50 in this game though I guess. His bowling has been average. I keep forgetting that he`s only 22!
He seems to be conceding a lot of runs, but hes been getting 2 or 3 wickets every time... hes doing his job.

Anyway, can anyone tell me why Grant hasnt been playing for Essex? Injurred? Dropped?

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well, the great news is that the selectors have seen sense and left Pietersen where he should be at the moment.

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Well, the great news is that the selectors have seen sense and left Pietersen where he should be at the moment.
His trying his hardest to make them look silly though :huh: - Currently 80* (48) : 3 x 4's and 6 x 6's

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Big win for Hampshire. Big innings from Katich and Pietersen with good hitting support from a few others, to get 353 off 45, and Middlesex never got close.

Udal amazingly opened the bowling for them, showing just how flat the pitch is (assume it's taking turn though), which is probably good news for Bangladesh. Udal got 4/55 from 7, and Warne was easily the most economical in a very high scoring game, with 1/16 from his 6.

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
Rich2001 said:
His trying his hardest to make them look silly though :huh: - Currently 80* (48) : 3 x 4's and 6 x 6's
So it was you. He skied the next ball and was out.

Pretty feeble show if you ask me, though. The six into the Grand Stand didn't even reach the hostility boxes, and the straight hit into the Pavilion only just crept onto the top deck.I saw Brian Lara hit the old pile at least 30 feet further up.

Marvellous afternoon for the connoisseur of the dropped catch, of which there were seemingly dozens. All the batsmen seemed intent on taking the aerial route, and fielders from both sides rushed around trying to get underneath steepling hits and then grassing them. Not to be outdone, KP had one hit straight at him at extra cover, though above his head, so he palmed it upwards and failed to catch it on the way down.

Not that it would have made much difference, but it would have been nice to have had Irfan Pathan available, as Hutchison was dreadful.

Cheers,

Mike

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
Udal amazingly opened the bowling for them, showing just how flat the pitch is (assume it's taking turn though), which is probably good news for Bangladesh. Udal got 4/55 from 7, and Warne was easily the most economical in a very high scoring game, with 1/16 from his 6.
There wasn't any turn at all. It was a clever piece of captaincy from Warne to open with Udal. With Middx needing 8 an over from the get-go, challenging them to hit the slow bowler before they'd got their eye in looked a great idea to me.

I think we can forget about Ed Joyce as an Ashes candidate, though. He was the main reason Warne was so economical. He looked completely clueless, although he did manage to keep him out, which is at least something.

Cheers,

Mike

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Good performance by Lanchashire (yesterday Englsih time), the first game i haven't attended at Old Trafford this season and i missed a good all-round Lanchashire performace.

Good game for Flintoff with both Bat & Ball, a good economical spell with the ball & a good cameo with the bat.

Only disappointment for me is that Warren Hegg the long serving wicket-keeper is set to retire at the end of the season.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
badgerhair said:
Pretty feeble show if you ask me, though. The six into the Grand Stand didn't even reach the hostility boxes,
LOL, nice typo there!

Is the hostility box where the snipers sit (or is it the press?!)

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
LOL, nice typo there!
That wasn't a typo.

Is the hostility box where the snipers sit (or is it the press?!)
No, it's where men in sharp suits go to assert their dominance over their competitors by demonstrating that they give more and better freebies to the undeserving rich.

Cheers,

Mike