• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season 2006

Langeveldt

Soutie
open365 said:
Is it just me, or does the bowler in the last photo look really out of place?

What's the standard of the Cornish side? Anything on Somerset?
Good club cricketers, nice bunch of guys, just suitable for some pre season practice..

They put up 178 in some pretty horrendous light (those photos are brightened believe it or not), so they showed a bit of grit

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Magnificent start from Rikki today, 2/34 as the MCC bowled out Notts for 191. 'Geoff' Bresnan took 3/60 and John Stephenson edged his way closer to 400 FC wickets by cleaning up 9, 10 and Jack.

In reply, Ali Cook fell to Ryan Sidebottom for one... and the MCC promoted Monty Panesar to night-watch. 7/1 at stumps.

Neil Pickup

luckyeddie said:
Those are absolutely sensational photos.

What's your gear?
Piecing different posts together, it appears to be one of these:

Canon EF100-400.

And he's coming to photograph Exeter CC Midweek v Exeter University MCC IV a week on Wednesday. I look forward to action footage of my offstump getting knocked back.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Magnificent start from Rikki today, 2/34 as the MCC bowled out Notts for 191. 'Geoff' Bresnan took 3/60 and John Stephenson edged his way closer to 400 FC wickets by cleaning up 9, 10 and Jack.

In reply, Ali Cook fell to Ryan Sidebottom for one... and the MCC promoted Monty Panesar to night-watch. 7/1 at stumps.
I bet the real number three kept his pads on...

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
My favourite time of the year. I have spent the last two days down at the Riverside watching two OD's with Scotland which have had mixed results (check my Durham Thread if you're bothered).

ITs here again and don't we just love it

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
For any of those teams who have to play Scotland this year, I would stress caution not to take them lightly. In Hoffman, Wright, Watson and occasionally Maiden as well as the excellent looking young Nel they have a strong attack and can back that up with the batting skills of Wright, Watson, Lockhart, Hamilton, Stanger and Watts with Colin Smith being a consistent 20+ number 7 although his wicket keeping is questionable.

I think they will surprise a few teams this year although strength in depth is a problem as bowlers like Weerantha and Lyons who seem to be first teamer will be destroyed by better batsmen

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
DanielFullard said:
For any of those teams who have to play Scotland this year, I would stress caution not to take them lightly. In Hoffman, Wright, Watson and occasionally Maiden as well as the excellent looking young Nel they have a strong attack and can back that up with the batting skills of Wright, Watson, Lockhart, Hamilton, Stanger and Watts with Colin Smith being a consistent 20+ number 7 although his wicket keeping is questionable.

I think they will surprise a few teams this year although strength in depth is a problem as bowlers like Weerantha and Lyons who seem to be first teamer will be destroyed by better batsmen
They're not much better than last year.

Their NL record over those three years: W8 T1 L41 NR4...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
grecian said:
I was gonna start a thread for this, but I wasn't sure if it was allowed, but has anyone any tips for the Telegraph fantasy cricket comp.

I've already made up 3 teams, but they're not writ in stone or even ink yet. Is Silverwood looking good, are Mascharenas, Franks and Hogg looking fit and well? Will wessels and Gazzard be the coming Wicket-keeper batsmen?

What about the Aussies, Thorneley, Cosgrove, Cullen, White, Nicholson, Birt, Mitchell Johnson, Rogers, don't know a lot about all these players, whos going to have a big season, whose going to be found out in your opinion?
I have 3 teams in it - there was some kind of special offer.

atm (you can make free changes up to start of may or something)

Dave Mohammed XI

EC Joyce
MR Ramprakash
JL Trott
A Flower
RWT Key*
CMW Read
AD Mascarenhas
J Lewis
M Davies
GJ Kruis
SP Crook

Rikki's Rangers

NV Knight
MJ Di Venuto
MB Loye
CM Spearman
GA Hick
MH Wessels
R Clarke*
HH Streak
D Gough
SP Kirby
G Keedy

Geoff Bresnan XI

OA Shah
RS Bopara
MJ Cosgrove
A Habib
VS Solanki
MA Wallace
RC Irani
Mushtaq Ahmed
AR Caddick
G Bresnan*
AJ Tudor

Any players you can see there that are injured?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
PS i started a Super League with PIN 8000289 if anyone wants to join

you also need to enter the name which is CRICKET WEB FANTASY LEAGUE

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
superkingdave said:
PS i started a Super League with PIN 8000289 if anyone wants to join

you also need to enter the name which is CRICKET WEB FANTASY LEAGUE
I'll enter the league, once I've got round to putting my teams in, I'll probably enter by post, I don't trust computers:)

Its a three for two, effort isn't it, so I'll no doubt be doing the same as you:

These are provisional, I'd like any feedback:)

Another year in the conference, ho-hum xi

Knight
Hick
Lehmann*
Cosgrove
Thornley

Gazzard

Mascarenas

Silverwood
Caddick
Gibson
Zaheer

Zyder drinkers xi

A. Flower*
Hick
Wagh
Hildreth
Di Venuto

Davies

Bichel

Keedy
Mustaq
Nicholson
White

I love this competition it won me free tickets to the Oval last year xi

A. Flower
Rogers
Durston
Law
Van Jaarsveld

Wessels

Weekes

Kruis
Streak*
Kabir Ali
Wharf

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
open365 said:
Is it just me, or does the bowler in the last photo look really out of place?

What's the standard of the Cornish side? Anything on Somerset?
Ian Blackwell is gutted at missing the game, he was expecting a job-lot of pasties.

Neil Pickup

Mildly on topic, grecian, what's the ground like in Exeter at the moment? I've been away four weeks and I've no idea how likely it is that we'll manage to get our season away next weekend.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Umm do you mean the ground in general or a specific ground, Neil?

Its been quite dry recently, cold like the arctic, but dry. Taking the dog for a walk has been thankfully mud-free, and a lovely view of the estuary, and t'other side, across the town:)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Now 43-5 with our boy having moved on to a season's best 0* from 6 balls.

Go, Rikki. You de spotty man wid de big teeth