• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season 2006

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
superkingdave said:
So the season officialy starts tomorrow, and the forecast is good for the 4 days.

Lancs start on Tuesday and im not sure what kind of side they will be able to put out. Hodge, Mahmood and Anderson are all missing and Loye is having back trouble, at least Hampshire won't have Warne.

Possible side

Chilton*
Sutcliffe
Horton
Law
Brown/Crook/Croft
Sutton+
Chapple
Cork
Hogg
Newby/Smith
Keedy
Why isnt Hodgey playing?:-O

chris.hinton

International Captain
its off for the rest of the day, well that how english cricket always start by Rain :)

In other news

Warwickshire beat Worcestershire in a friendly on Thursday, worcester where 11-5 at one stage

open365

superkingdave said:
So the season officialy starts tomorrow, and the forecast is good for the 4 days.

Lancs start on Tuesday and im not sure what kind of side they will be able to put out. Hodge, Mahmood and Anderson are all missing and Loye is having back trouble, at least Hampshire won't have Warne.

Possible side

Chilton*
Sutcliffe
Horton
Law
Brown/Crook/Croft
Sutton+
Chapple
Cork
Hogg
Newby/Smith
Keedy
We look a bit short of batting with Loye and Hodge absent, though i don't think we can help that.

I would play Crook ahead of Brown/Croft and probably put Newby ahead of Smith because he has more pace.

Lancs are looking good this year, maybe we'll acctualy win it this time.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
umm,

I was gonna start a thread for this, but I wasn't sure if it was allowed, but has anyone any tips for the Telegraph fantasy cricket comp.

I've already made up 3 teams, but they're not writ in stone or even ink yet. Is Silverwood looking good, are Mascharenas, Franks and Hogg looking fit and well? Will wessels and Gazzard be the coming Wicket-keeper batsmen?

What about the Aussies, Thorneley, Cosgrove, Cullen, White, Nicholson, Birt, Mitchell Johnson, Rogers, don't know a lot about all these players, whos going to have a big season, whose going to be found out in your opinion?

mikeW

grecian said:
I was gonna start a thread for this, but I wasn't sure if it was allowed, but has anyone any tips for the Telegraph fantasy cricket comp.

I've already made up 3 teams, but they're not writ in stone or even ink yet. Is Silverwood looking good, are Mascharenas, Franks and Hogg looking fit and well? Will wessels and Gazzard be the coming Wicket-keeper batsmen?

What about the Aussies, Thorneley, Cosgrove, Cullen, White, Nicholson, Birt, Mitchell Johnson, Rogers, don't know a lot about all these players, whos going to have a big season, whose going to be found out in your opinion?
hey mate got a link for the Telegraph fantasy cricket comp?
Cosgrove would be the pick of the Aussies had a brilliant ING(1 day) and Pura Cup season and Birt would be a good bet too he made 1000 runs at an average of 50. Mitch Johnson has apparently canceled his contract.

Last edited:

grecian

mikeW said:
hey mate got a link for the Telegraph fantasy cricket comp?
Cosgrove would be the pick of the Aussies had a brilliant ING(1 day) and Pura Cup season and Birt would be a good bet too he made 100 runs at an average of 50. Mitch Johnson has apparently canceled his contract.
Telegraph

I don't think they've the players up there yet, its just been in the newspaper. The game doesn't start until 3rd May, so plenty of time.

grecian

huzzah

Well despite earlier reports^, there is plat in the Notts-MCC match, a maiden over to start with8-)

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
grecian said:
Well despite earlier reports^, there is plat in the Notts-MCC match, a maiden over to start with8-)
We're on! At last:

Notts: DJ Bicknell, JER Gallian, WR Smith, DJ Hussey, RJ Warren, +CMW Read, PJ Franks, MA Ealham, GJ Smith, RJ Sidebottom, GP Swann.

MCC: AN Cook, RS Bopara, EC Joyce, R Clarke, *JP Stephenson, AGR Loudon, LC Parker, +SM Davies, TT Bresnan, MHA Footitt, MS Panesar.

Looking forward to the forthcoming Rikkiness. Would guess first-change.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Somerset v Cornwall - Just covered the first game with my new semi-pro setup, very very pleased indeed with the results..

open365

Is it just me, or does the bowler in the last photo look really out of place?

What's the standard of the Cornish side? Anything on Somerset?

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
open365 said:
Is it just me, or does the bowler in the last photo look really out of place?

What's the standard of the Cornish side? Anything on Somerset?
Slightly worse than Devon, which makes them around part with a Somerset II/Somerset CB side.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Autobahn said:
I will do, thanks a lot for the link mate!

I didn't get through to the finals of the MCC Young Sports Photographer, which was a bit of a setback.. But I've spent most of the winter upgrading my equipment and want to give it another shot next year.. guess I just have to keep ploughing on, going to games where not even a man and a dog are present, and its cold enough to freeze hell!