• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha, well that was a nicely timed call. You'd be getting a lot of arguments if Cook hadn't got out a ball after you posted it. You probably still will TBH.
Haha yeah, but I honestly think this. In the 2009 prediction thread I said I think Cook will be out of the English side by seasons end.

Funny that your man Powell got the wicket too.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Grrr just as my rage subsides slightly I read this complete **** from the BBC:

1440: Some consternation on the emails about the inclusion of Ian Bell at the expense of 'Midnight at the' Owais Shah. Understandable, I'd say - the incumbent needs a good knock later on. As does Colly, to be fair.

How the hell does Colly need a good knock? That soft useless tosser Bell has been useless forever against anyone decent in any situation that matters, Colly has been one of the best England batsmen of the past 2-3 years and he's a better fielder, better bowler and has some tactical nous in the field.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
That radio link hasn't been functional in months. I think it's just a dead link.
Announcement from them and digicelcricket.com that they'd be carrying audio. Meh...Being broadcast on local radio so fine for now. Sucks though that I'm not at home to watch it online. Can't use P2P here.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hahaha fair enough. Are you a teacher? It's an awfully tough job.

Anyway I just noticed that Bell's and Cook's averages and history are pretty similar.
Yeah - neither of them are converting at anything like the rate required of a Test player.

Yes, I teach - simultaneously the one of the most exhausting, frustrating, enervating and satisfying things you can do with your life.

This morning a ten year old in one of my classes came up with "tetragonal prism" as an alternative name for a cuboid. Brilliant...

ozone

First Class Debutant

1440: Some consternation on the emails about the inclusion of Ian Bell at the expense of 'Midnight at the' Owais Shah. Understandable, I'd say - the incumbent needs a good knock later on. As does Colly, to be fair.

How the hell does Colly need a good knock? That soft useless tosser Bell has been useless forever against anyone decent in any situation that matters, Colly has been one of the best England batsmen of the past 2-3 years and he's a better fielder, better bowler and has some tactical nous in the field.
The BBC cricket text commentary is terrible in general TBH.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

That's not really saying much though is it. Not saying he shouldn't be in the side but outside a couple of great innings he is been really quite poor for the last year. In my opinion there is very little difference in terms of overall performance between Bell at 5 and Collingwod at 5. In fact in theory I would rather have Bell.

Evermind

International Debutant
England has some of the world's most over-hyped players - just about the same as India.

People have been singing the praises of Broad, Cook, Panesar, Anderson etc. Not one of them would be included in the Aus, SA or Indian lineup - they're all really Agarkar and Jaffer standard.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think so too.
I kind of do as well; I don't broadcast the fact though because I can't really back it up with much. I wouldn't shed a tear if he was dropped but I don't think it's an utter disgrace that he's playing like most here do. Probably because I don't have much faith in the alternatives.

On numbers and actual recent performances, he probably shouldn't be playing this game. I reckon he has more to him than Shah though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
England has some of the world's most over-hyped players - just about the same as India.

People have been singing the praises of Broad, Cook, Panesar, Anderson etc. Not one of them would be included in the Aus, SA or Indian lineup - they're all really Agarkar and Jaffer standard.
So you reckon Hauritz is better than Panesar?

I'm not a huge Panesar fan but he'd walk into the Australian team at the moment.

Woodster

International Captain
The squad was picked on the morning before Ryan Hinds scored his first big innings of the season- 240. Unfortunate for him, but he's put himself in with a shot for future contention. That said, if he's going to play, he has to bat in the top 5, or else it's not worth it. I rate Hinds' bowling better than Benn's ftr, and I also rate Hinds' bowling on par with Gayle's.
I understand the team was picked prior to his mammoth innings, but even before that knock he had done enough to be in serious consideration for the side.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year

Forgive them Scaly, they know not what they say...:laugh: