• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know that he's going to pwn in this series after I say this, but...

What has Broad done to suggest that he is capable of taking wickets at Test level?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I know that he's going to pwn in this series after I say this, but...

What has Broad done to suggest that he is capable of taking wickets at Test level?
Nothing.

Anyway, so angry with Foxtel right now. Be prepared to read a post about this every fifteen minutes.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
They've picked 16 players on the touring party. Hopefully Broad has been picked to manage himself and the other 4 players sitting out.
I long for the days when this was a still a remote possibility.

Serves Anderson right for being English, I suppose.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Fairly certain that Benn is in because of his batting. Furious right now. The epitome of a token spinner.
It's really the trend now isn't it, I hate how teams do this.

I'm happy that Chanderpaul is listed to bat above Marshall that's the only good move so far.

Mr Mxyzptlk

The lineup I've seen has Chanderpaul below Marshall. Tbh, Chanderpaul may want to bat at 5, but he has to think about what's best for the team.

Woodster

International Captain
So we're batting. Will be interesting to see if we can keep our heads screwed on today. KP the huge wicket to get.
Really hope we go out there, play positively, and do what we rarely do, and score an imposing 1st innings total, with some big individual scores. Hopefully Belly!

ozone

First Class Debutant
English Cricket takes the piss. Ignoring the fact that Bell has been selected again, Anderson misses out when he has been Englands best bowler (bar Flintoff) over the past year, and Panesar makes it ahead of Swann, despite the fact that Panesar has been complete gash for a couple of years and adds nothing in any other department. Seriously annoyed with our selectors.

Woodster

International Captain
Surely there isn't much between Benn and Ryan Hinds as spin bowlers ? Where as the difference in batting obviously speaks for itself. Can't understand him not being in that side.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The lineup I've seen has Chanderpaul below Marshall. Tbh, Chanderpaul may want to bat at 5, but he has to think about what's best for the team.
Oh true, I really hope my lineup is correct and he bats at 4, cause you like you say he has to what is best for the team! Can't wait for this match to start!

Edwards to get out Cook early.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dead set ****ing idiots. How the ****ing hell can they pick those proven ****ing useless tossers Bell and Panesar again?

****ing ****-brained arseholes have just lost us the Ashes already.

Penguinissimo

U19 12th Man
Are... are you kidding? Broad over Anderson?

**** you, England. **** you.
Why? What has Anderson done in the last 6 months to deserve a place in the Test team? As far as I can tell, he's become more and more inconsistent, and only worthy of selection when the ball is likely to swing.

Doesn't sound like there's much swing expected here, so why pick him? Harmy's a much better X-factor bowler to have in these conditions.

Equally, why all the hatred for Broad?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
The only good thing about Benn playing is that he and Daren Powell can then get lost for the rest of the series.

Good toss to win for England. I expect a big total. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Bell over Shah, Broad over Anderson = massive lol.

Bring on Taylor and the Windies. :wub:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Surely there isn't much between Benn and Ryan Hinds as spin bowlers ? Where as the difference in batting obviously speaks for itself. Can't understand him not being in that side.
The squad was picked on the morning before Ryan Hinds scored his first big innings of the season- 240. Unfortunate for him, but he's put himself in with a shot for future contention. That said, if he's going to play, he has to bat in the top 5, or else it's not worth it. I rate Hinds' bowling better than Benn's ftr, and I also rate Hinds' bowling on par with Gayle's.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Just seen Benn is playing. :(

Benn and Powell could be disasterous for the Windies, especially if Edwards doesn't fire.

Taylor to take tennnnnn. :wub:

Mr Mxyzptlk

The only good thing about Benn playing is that he and Daren Powell can then get lost for the rest of the series.
For both players, their batting is probably marginally better than their bowling. Anyone who's seen them bat can understand my distress right now.

Penguinissimo

U19 12th Man
Dead set ****ing idiots. How the ****ing hell can they pick those proven ****ing useless tossers Bell and Panesar again?

****ing ****-brained arseholes have just lost us the Ashes already.
I don't feel quite so strongly on Panesar, unless you're advocating picking Rashid and seeing if he can cope.

As for Bell...I cannot tell you how enraged I am. I would rather we played ten men than included that waste of space.