• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't like people saying that. It's the type of patronising crap people used to spew about the West Indies. "Oh well sure they lost, but for two sessions on the final day of the final test they put up a decent fight."
A bit harsh maybe? This has been a godawful series on appalling pitches and England have managed to turn it around and keep the series alive in a pretty unexpected way.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Don't like people saying that. It's the type of patronising crap people used to spew about the West Indies. "Oh well sure they lost, but for two sessions on the final day of the final test they put up a decent fight."
Fair enough, but its how I feel. And its by no way just the last couple of sessions where England have done well to get into a position to try and win the game. Throughout the test, England have done well to try and force positions.

To sort of qualify this, I should add that more credit goes to the WI. They are, at the end of the day, going to win the series because they out-played us. They won the game they needed to, and since then have shut up shop and made sure they didn't lose. Although it has obviously not made fantastic viewing, it will have won them a test series.

pskov

International 12th Man
A bit harsh maybe? This has been a godawful series on appalling pitches and England have managed to turn it around and keep the series alive in a pretty unexpected way.
Yes, but if we don't clinch it here we can't have any complaints, been second best overall.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
All through this innings there's just been constantly, again and again, 1 wicket at a time which is almost certainly just a bit late but with enough left to keep things interesting.

Will they end with 1 standing?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh I'm quite happy with their performance since the first test. They've certainly been the better team. But they've still come up short.

It hasn't, tbh, massively changed my mind on the quality of England. If the Ashes is looking hopeless now it's because Australia look so damn good rather than because England have been badly embarrassed here. It's certainly made me think more of the West Indies though. I take all the "good signs" with a pinch of salt, but they've actually won a series now and well done to them.

To watch, it's been a major disappointment, that ball just there now from Jimmy aside.