• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
I hope they fine Monty again, his appealing really pisses me off, it's a form of intimidation and he just looks an idiot.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I hope they fine Monty again, his appealing really pisses me off, it's a form of intimidation and he just looks an idiot.
haha don't think anyone is indimidated by it...just massively annoyed. Hopefully we won't be seeing him in England colours for a while after this though

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
If Panesar plays this summer, you'd hope the home fans will give him some serious ****e over the way he goes about his business. Maybe then he'll grow up or discover his brain. One of the big losers from this winter's tours, and after a decent spell in the 1st dig he looks further behind Swann than ever.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England should have used a quick burst of seamers with about 19 overs to go.

Then just use the spinners in this final hour, getting through the overs quickly and get through more than the minimum 15 overs.

pskov

International 12th Man
If Panesar plays this summer, you'd hope the home fans will give him some serious ****e over the way he goes about his business. Maybe then he'll grow up or discover his brain. One of the big losers from this winter's tours, and after a decent spell in the 1st dig he looks further behind Swann than ever.
He's bowled well in the second innings too. I'd still have Swann as the number one in the summer, if only because his batting and fielding give him the edge.

Of course we are now in the awkward situation where two of our 5 best test match bowlers are fingerspinners, and you can't really pick two in the same team in England apart from very rare circumstances.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Of course we are now in the awkward situation where two of our 5 best test match bowlers are fingerspinners, and you can't really pick two in the same team in England apart from very rare circumstances.
It wasn't so long ago that most people would've said that two spinners should play in most Tests.

However ineffective one or both of them were.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Looks like England are going for the 'bowl 15 overs, taking time to get fields right' approach rather than try to rush through.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anderson back on now, but mefeels it's a little too late.

Every non-wicket-taking delivery now being applauded.