• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like England are going for the 'bowl 15 overs, taking time to get fields right' approach rather than try to rush through.
Yep, always like to throw away some of their win percentage. Did a good job with the batting, probably went one or two overs too far.

They could easily get another 3-4 overs in. The field's all in and the spinners are bowling most of the overs anyway.

Anyway game's back on.

King Pietersen

International Captain
COME ON MONTY. You f'in legend. Brilliant bowling. That's the one we really wanted. Get Ramdin and this'll be tense.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
got one...a bit late i think though.
More likely than not, but another quick one here and we're right back in it.

(You know, that's at least the 3rd time I've said that this innings... why do I get the feeling we've just not quite had long enough?)

ozone

First Class Debutant
Probs a bit late to get proper excited about that, but what the hell. If we bring Swann back now, he's going to take a hat trick.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
My mum's round and watching and she's just uttered her disgust at Monty's childish antics...she's not too impressed with the umpires either, quite the Yorkshireman is my mum...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
More than 1 every 3 overs now required... almost all hope extinguished.

Needs a double-strike to win it from here.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Without wanting to sound too biased here, but England have done a bloody good job to make this into a game, result or not. They've turned what could quite easily have been another boring final day into a fairly interesting one. And I know people will say they had to but all the same, WI looked to be safe around tea yesterday.

BTW, I wonder if Sammy thinks WI are still going to win this game. :ph34r:

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Well it's going to be a draw. Well played West Indies on a deserved series victory. A bit of a decent rally by England's bowlers today but it was all too little too late.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well it's going to be a draw. Well played West Indies on a deserved series victory. A bit of a decent rally by England's bowlers today but it was all too little too late.
Ind33d.

And I hope people look back on the failure to take the last wicket at The ARG, rather than the last <however many remaining> here as the loss of the series.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Without wanting to sound too biased here, but England have done a bloody good job to make this into a game, result or not. They've turned what could quite easily have been another boring final day into a fairly interesting one. And I know people will say they had to but all the same, WI looked to be safe around tea yesterday.
Don't like people saying that. It's the type of patronising crap people used to spew about the West Indies. "Oh well sure they lost, but for two sessions on the final day of the final test they put up a decent fight."

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Ind33d.

And I hope people look back on the failure to take the last wicket at The ARG, rather than the last <however many remaining> here as the loss of the series.
I'm sure they will. Ultimately WI took their one chance of a win and we didn't take ours, so there can be no complaints.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Don't like people saying that. It's the type of patronising crap people used to spew about the West Indies. "Oh well sure they lost, but for two sessions on the final day of the final test they put up a decent fight."
You've hit the nail right there. It all sounds a bit too familiar.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I tell you, I'm just glad this always-a-long-shot-at-victory game came last and the should-have-won-easily one came earlier.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Interesting. MSP getting it to roll along the floor when he bowls it stupidly slowly.

Shame he didn't try that a bit earlier, I guess, but you can't win 'em all.