• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Seems to be a common theme these days for test cricket. People would rather just stay at home & get all the coverage they need from the tv.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
England have survived the initial half an hour despite Trescothic looking dodgy. 21 important runs on the board..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Casson said:
Are you serious?!?
Ya.. they showed Colingwood and Fletcher behind him in the dressing room and the commentator mentioned.. 'thats Colingwood in the front' and they quickly changed the camera!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
SAF unlucky not to get a wicket. England, specially Trescothic has hung on despite some dodgy shots and Pollock deserved one wicket.

The important thing though is that England havent lost even one wicket. The four off the last ball before drinks by Strauss hopefully is not indicative of how the day will pan out.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
And finally Trescothic goes. Phew. He has been playing with his luck with his shot selection. About time he went! Dale Steyn is impressive.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Casson said:
Dale Steyn is garbage.
You know not what though sayesth. He swings the ball late which is always a good sign. This is only his 10th first class match and you cant get superb accuracy at such an early stage. He will improve.. has the talents, ingredients of a good player.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
You know not what though sayesth. He swings the ball late which is always a good sign. This is only his 10th first class match and you cant get superb accuracy at such an early stage. He will improve.. has the talents, ingredients of a good player.
You know not how to speak ye olde English! :p

And Steyn is crap. Potential, potential, blah blah blah, at the moment he is crap. If you need proof look no further than the first two balls he bowled to Key: one down leg side, one too far down off; not the way you bowl to a new batsman.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Casson said:
You know not how to speak ye olde English! :p

And Steyn is crap. Potential, potential, blah blah blah, at the moment he is crap. If you need proof look no further than the first two balls he bowled to Key: one down leg side, one too far down off; not the way you bowl to a new batsman.
As I said, he is not accurate which I put to inexperience. But he bowls some very good balls and he is just 10 FC matches old and 3 of them including this one are tests! Not totally apt at this level yet but not far off..

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pratyush said:
As I said, he is not accurate which I put to inexperience. But he bowls some very good balls and he is just 10 FC matches old and 3 of them including this one are tests! Not totally apt at this level yet but not far off..
Sounds kinda like Anderson except with less swing and more pace...

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
Well if he's impressive to you then good... I'm not worried when he's bowling.

twctopcat

International Regular
Why can't tres just go back to somerset so we can get a real test opener in there. Fletcher and him obviously have something special..........