• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
benchmark00 said:
Do i sense a hint of sour grapes?

If you cant beat south africa in less than 5 days i shudder to think whats going to happen in the ashes... a big let down... lets hope not though
An England team with not a great deal of form with 2 out of their 4 innings so far involving 4-5 of the top 7 throwing their wickets away still beat SA comfortably once and would have beaten SA here eventually. I dread to think how badly this team would perform when they're in form at home against Australia.

Swervy

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
One happy chappy.. Thats a good compromise

2 days of SA dominance
2 days of English dominance

AB De Villiers has struck me as being a talent, with a wonderfully cool head. He deserves this success and I am really happy for the guy who has come in and put the Tsolekile rubbish to bed. And Makhaya, well 16 off 4 from Harmo.. Good blocking!
erm..well I would say that it was 3 days of dominance by England.

There is no doubt that England deserved the win in this one,brilliant play by them, they had the worst of the conditions throughout the game,and if light had have permitted,I would suspect that this one would have been over by now..a comfortable win for England in the end.

But that is cricket..SA batting long enough to hold out.Keeps the series alive anyway

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
One happy chappy.. Thats a good compromise

2 days of SA dominance
2 days of English dominance

AB De Villiers has struck me as being a talent, with a wonderfully cool head. He deserves this success and I am really happy for the guy who has come in and put the Tsolekile rubbish to bed. And Makhaya, well 16 off 4 from Harmo.. Good blocking!
I can guarantee that you wouldn't say that if the Pollock run-out cost you the match.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Swervy said:
erm..well I would say that it was 3 days of dominance by England.

There is no doubt that England deserved the win in this one,brilliant play by them, they had the worst of the conditions throughout the game,and if light had have permitted,I would suspect that this one would have been over by now..a comfortable win for England in the end.

But that is cricket..SA batting long enough to hold out.Keeps the series alive anyway
Fair enough, but SA havent had the luck with the umpiring.. England havent had the luck with the weather.. Evens it up

Off we go to Cape Town then..

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scaly piscine said:
An England team with not a great deal of form with 2 out of their 4 innings so far involving 4-5 of the top 7 throwing their wickets away still beat SA comfortably once and would have beaten SA here eventually. I dread to think how badly this team would perform when they're in form at home against Australia.
I dont understand that?? can you explain?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
It was inevitable something like this would happen, and it was inevitable something like this had to happen for the set of morons ICC to sort the laws/rules out.
Actually, the captains agreed pre-series that when the floodlights took over from natural light, play wouldn't continue if offered and accepted.

Nothing to do with the ICC or anyone else.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tom Halsey said:
Congratulations on completely missing the sarcasm.
lol good to see you missed mine... im trying to say that dont get too ****y, from what ive seen the poms are a fair distant behind the aussies at the moment

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tom Halsey said:
I'd be very happy, but that doesn't alter the fact that there is nothing wrong with the light.
Apart from it being too bad to continue?

Nobody was moaning when in the same light 2 days ago, Strauss and Butcher walked off.