• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Not counting this game. Ive lost count how many times England have both been saved from losing or stopped from getting victory because the umpires have offered the light when its still playable but just a little gloomy. Would you see a football game called off with 2 mins left at 1-1 with both teams attacking for a winner? The fans will feel cheated and we've lost out on an hour of extremely interesting cricket.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was inevitable something like this would happen, and it was inevitable something like this had to happen for the set of morons ICC to sort the laws/rules out.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
S & G Jones Fan said:
just coz the umpires are aussies! 8-)
hahahaha.... but seriously, they really have done nothing wrong, i mean i feel sorry for england but still, thats the way its gone

Tom Halsey

International Coach
benchmark00 said:
hahahaha.... but seriously, they really have done nothing wrong, i mean i feel sorry for england but still, thats the way its gone
Yes, but how do you explain 16 off an over unless the light is good? SA are clearly at no disadvantage.

Steulen

International Regular
And judging by Ntini's batting, SA needed just 6 more overs to win...surely there's light enough for 6 more overs.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tom Halsey said:
Because if Ntini can hit 16 off an over, it suggests he can see it alright.
the umpires are only being consistant.... im sure you wouldnt of had a problem if england were in SA's position... the umpires arent going for south africa you know...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
benchmark00 said:
haha well done South Africa :D :D :D :D

why is nasser whinging? the umpires have done nothing wrong.. just unlucky!

hehehe go south africa! :D :p
Err yea, go SA scrape a lucky draw after England handed them a huge advantage after the first innings and they're only losing 1-0 now. WOW. If Pollock misses the next Test the bad light is only delaying the 2-0 scoreline a week.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
Err yea, go SA scrape a lucky draw after England handed them a huge advantage after the first innings and they're only losing 1-0 now. WOW. If Pollock misses the next Test the bad light is only delaying the 2-0 scoreline a week.
That's one of your best posts that I've ever seen from you. :)

S & G Jones Fan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Tom Halsey said:
Either:

The Unpires show sense and let England bowl spinners, or the clouds move, and it improves. The latter looks more likely.
i just heard about that playing gilo...vaughan didnt even get that option!! 8-)