• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wish the commentators would shut up with the '50 off 5 is just about doable'... ignoring the fact they need 12 an over to get that and 50 off 5 is more than doable.

Scaly piscine

superkingdave said:
Whatever happens, another great innings from Pietersen, but its Kemp that's won this for SA (and Ali & Hoggard)
And because England haven't paced this correctly, you can't expect SA to serve up as much crap as England so they needed to be well ahead of SA all the way.

Scaly piscine

Yep game over, England game themselves as little chance as possible of winning. Absolutely dumb to fanny around for so long, they should have made SA take 10 wickets to win which would have been far harder than giving SA the task of restricting England to less than 159 from the last 16 overs to win the game.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Monumental effort from big Kev. Pity it was in vain.

At least he had the consolation of a ton with a 6 off the last ball. Good bowling by Ntini, Kallis & Nel at the death.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
well Tresco's playing out of a maiden from Pollock first up wasn't the best way to start the chase. 4 from 20 from him, and Vaughan's start was v poor, then just when he had a chance of redeeming himself by batting through (a la Smith) and getting a maiden ton - he tries smash one in the same over that Pietersen had already slammed a six.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It figures. It really does. I can't believe that I stayed up so late, and just before KP got in I fell asleep (Michael Vaughan!!! :mad:). I woke up with 2 overs to spare, and could not believe my eyes. Brilliant effort from Kevin Pieterson. Absolutely brilliant.

This series is seeing a lot of nail-biters that's for sure.

DocHead

School Boy/Girl Captain
One thing that has changed, is my feelings on Andre Nel, didn't like him much before, but in the last few weeks he's impressed. Not just his bowling, his whole attitude is so good. Him and Ntini always seem so happy to be there.

I also hate Pietersen less right now, gee, he's some player. I'm sure that'll change, and I'll go back to loathing him when he scores 150 to win the next match or something.

BTW. It's far too early to start whining, you lost by 7 runs chasing 312. At least give them a little credit before slating the team to shreds. Even us Saffies had the decency to be stunned for 2 days after *that* tie in the World Cup and only start the finger pointing after that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
DocHead said:
One thing that has changed, is my feelings on Andre Nel, didn't like him much before, but in the last few weeks he's impressed. Not just his bowling, his whole attitude is so good. Him and Ntini always seem so happy to be there.

I also hate Pietersen less right now, gee, he's some player. I'm sure that'll change, and I'll go back to loathing him when he scores 150 to win the next match or something.

BTW. It's far too early to start whining, you lost by 7 runs chasing 312. At least give them a little credit before slating the team to shreds. Even us Saffies had the decency to be stunned for 2 days after *that* tie in the World Cup and only start the finger pointing after that.
I agree. Nel is growing on me. I'm actually starting to like him. :shocked:

However you can sort of understand their anger. I think they would have been better off getting their butts belted by 100 runs in the end rather than just losing by 5-10 runs. Although a few days later you realise how good an effort your team put in, the few hours immediately after the game you feel pretty pee'd off.

You should enjoy your team's third victory in a row :p